From Edge of Darkness Wiki
This Skill represents your character's intuition for reading people's emotions. For some, it's a matter of observing body language and non-verbal cues. Others employ an extraordinary sense that helps them divine a person's true mood. As the name implies, Empathy also involves the capacity to understand other people's views and perspectives, whether your character agrees with those positions or not. This is useful in everything from negotiations and crisis counseling to reading faces in a crowd and looking for potential trouble.
- Possessed by: Counselors, diplomats, entertainers, profilers, psychiatrists, police officers
- Specialties: Emotion, Lies, Motives, Personalities
- Your character completely misreads a person's emotional state, possibly with disastrous results. He may, for example, interpret nervous laughter as genuine, missing the anxiety and potential for violence that clumsy jokes attempt to hide.
- Your character is unable to gauge a subject's true emotional state.
- Your character has a good read on a person's true emotional state, regardless of whatever front the subject puts up.
- Your character notes enough tell tale clues in a subject's behavior to gain a detailed understanding of her emotional state. Not only can he discern, say, that she is being deceptive, but he can tell from her body language that she is afraid of whoever is in the store across the street.
- Required By: Bishopric of Blackbirds, Dream Combat, Encounter Group, Family of Silent Nights, Legacy of the Black Apple, Order of the Oneirophysics, Source Sympathy, Twilight Gleaners
- Used By: Animation, Astral Invitation, Aura Perception, Beasts Hackles, Bestow Ghostly Sight, Bolster Virtue, Casual Brutality, Chemical Imbalance, Close Family, Construct Homunculus Persona, Contests and Games Rules, Control Reactions, Dislodge the Soul, Dread, Dream Riding, Dreamscaping, Dreamweaving, Eleventh Question, Emotional Urging, Errata: Mage, Eternal Spring, Eye of the Beast, Eyes of the Awakened, Eyes of the Master, Fever Gifts, Fleeting Autumn, Fleeting Winter, Goblin Contracts, Goetic Doppelganger, Gustus, Healing the Dead Mind, Interconnections, Know Thyself, Know Virtue, Lift the Astral Barrier, Lodge of the Saints, Network, Oath of Blood Service, Omen, Oneiromachy, Oneiromancy, Persuasion Skill, Primal Transfer, Prophetic Dream, Psychic Genesis, Psychic Violation, Read Trends, Read the Depths, Restore Corpus Spirit Spell, Restore Lost Soul, Savage Fury, Scourging Gifts, Sense Consciousness, Shackled Morality, Shatter the Mind, Soul Binding, Soul Mark, Speaker for the Eclipsed, Spirit Ear, Supernal Sense, Tactics, Telepathic Eavesdropping, Telepathy, Third Eye, Torpor Connection, Verdant Spring, War Gifts, Warriors Moon Gifts, Werewolf Cheat Sheet, Wound GiftsCharacteristics
Attributes Traits Skills References Help/Start • Main Page • User Guide • Rules • Mini Character Sheets • Staff • Bestiary • Glossary