From Edge of Darkness Wiki
Socialize reflects your character's ability to interact with others in a variety of situations, from talking people up at bars to comporting himself with dignity at state dinners. This Skill represents equal parts gregariousness, sensitivity, etiquette and custom. Knowing how to make friends is no less important than understanding how to treat guests in formal situations. Characters with low dots might be naturally entertaining or approachable, but unschooled in the finer arts of social interaction. Or they could be punctilious with their manners but difficult to approach. Conversely, characters with high dots could have the social graces of a practiced diplomat or raconteur, knowing just what to say and when to say it in any given situation.
- Possessed by : Diplomats, entertainers, executives, politicians, salesmen
- Specialties: Bar Hopping, Dress B alls, Formal Events, Frat Parties, State Dinners
- Dramatic Failure: Your character embarrasses himself in such a way that others avoid him if possible or treat him with contempt. All further Social rolls made in the scene fail outright.
- Failure: Your character doesn't succeed in winning friends, but he doesn't embarrass himself, either.
- Success: Your character blends effortlessly with the crowd and is accepted by his immediate companions.
- Exceptional Success: Your character owns the room. Not only does he win over immediate acquaintances, he's the life of the party, the person everyone wants to meet.
- Required By: Legacy of the Black Apple, Order of the Hallowed Garden
- Used By: Auspex, Coaxing the Spirit, Communion, Essence Gift, False Fame, Familiar Pact, First Impressions, Fleeting Summer, Invitation to the Orishas, Love Spell, Social Chameleon, Spirit Steed, Spirit Tongue Spell, Tactics, War GiftsCharacteristics
Attributes Traits Skills References Help/Start • Main Page • User Guide • Rules • Mini Character Sheets • Staff • Bestiary • Glossary