From Edge of Darkness Wiki
Sturdiness. Steadfastness. Sheer physical resilience. Stamina is a measure of how tough your character is. It indicates how far she can push her body, and how much physical abuse she can endure. Your character might be sickly and frail, or hardy and unstoppable. Bouncers, brawlers, triathletes, survivalists, heavy lifters and workaholics thrive on Stamina.
|*||If your character is in combat,|
she can hold her breath for
one turn per Stamina dot.
- Dice Pool: Stamina
- Action: Reflexive
Resisting Poison or Disease
Toxins or ailments affect people only in so far as these afflictions can overcome bodily resistance, and often the personal imperative to remain healthy. The human body can fight back against foreign substances and illness, but determination to resist goes a long way toward recovery, too.
Mere exposure to an illness or poison might call for a reflexive Stamina + Resolve roll to determine if your character falls victim. If the roll is successful, he remains healthy or immune. If the roll fails, the symptoms kick in.
If an affliction has long-term effects, efforts to fight back might call for extended and reflexive Stamina + Resolve rolls. They might be made every turn or hour for a poison, or every hour, day or week for a disease. The total number of successes needed to overcome might be 10 for a weak poison or 30 for a virulent disease. The victim suffers from any effects of the illness while it is being fought. The Storyteller might impose a limit on the number of rolls that can be made before a severe condition proves fatal. If required successes aren't accumulated by then, your character dies.
- Dice Pool: Stamina + Resolve
- Action: Reflexive (potentially extended)
- Suggested Equipment: Healthy diet (+1), antibiotics (+2), cutting-edge wonder drugs (+3)
- Possible Penalties: Injuries (-1 to -3), bad diet (-1), lack of medication (-1 to -3), lack of sleep (-1 to -2)
- Dramatic Failure: The toxin wins over all; your character's will is shattered. Penalties or damage imposed by the condition become more severe, intensifying by one. All accumulated successes are lost and the Storyteller decides when -- or if -- your character ever recovers.
- Failure: The intruding effect takes or continues to take its course.
- Success: In a simple reflexive roll, the condition is resisted. In an extended roll, some progress is made in resisting the condition, but symptoms persist until the illness is defeated completely (when required successes are accumulated).
- Exceptional Success: Your character goes immune or makes rapid progress toward recovery.