From Edge of Darkness Wiki
Using non-ranged weapons in melee combat: beer bottles, knives, sledgehammers, spears, clubs and so on. Can be formal training (military, police, martial arts) or informal learned by experience. A character's Weaponry is added to his Strength to stage armed attacks. A thrown weapon uses Athletics. Construction or repair is Crafts.
- Possessed by: Criminals, martial artists, police, soldiers, stunt men
- Specialties: Improvised weapons, Specific weapon (e.g. Katana, Halberd), Specific Category of weapons (e.g. Axes, Knives, Swords)
General Roll Results
- Dramatic Failure: You fail to hit the target and leave yourself open to counterattack. You cannot use your Defense or Dodge traits against the next close-combat attack that targets you.
- Failure: Swing and a miss.
- Success: You hit the target.
- Exceptional Success: You hit extra hard or hit a vital point for exceptional damage.
- Suggested Equipment: Damage rating of the weapon used.
- Required By: Chain Weapons, Combatant, Disarm, Equipped Grappling, Fencing, Fighting Finesse, Filipino Martial Arts, Formation Tactics, Frenzied Assault, Gladiatorial, Hand of a Killer, Hound Tribunal, Iaido, Improvised Weaponry, Knighthood of Utmost Silence, Langschwert, Legion of the Iron Wall, Parliament of Victors, Police Tactics, Slayer, Sojutsu, Spetsnaz Knife Fighting, Squires of the Broken Bough, Staff Fighting, Swarm Tactics, Sword and Shield, Tolltaker Knighthood, Two Weapons, War Fan, Weaponry Dodge, Weapons to Empty Hands
- Used By: Aim for the Dead, Backbite, Chain Weapons, Entropy, Fencing, Filipino Martial Arts, Firestick Gifts, Formation Tactics, Improvised Weaponry, Kinetic Blow, Langschwert, Oneiromachy, Primacy, Sojutsu, Staff Fighting, Strike in the Perfect Moment, Tactics, Verdant Spring, War Fan, Weapon at Hand