From Edge of Darkness Wiki
Strength, along with Dexterity, is a factor in determining your character's Speed. Strength is also added to Brawl Skill or Weaponry Skill attacks to determine the amount of harm your character inflicts in combat.
- Your character can realistically carry/tote 25 pounds per dot of Strength without penalty.
- If he attempts to carry more, every action involving physical exertion incurs an automatic -1 penalty for every 25 pounds of excess gear that he has.
- Every 25 pounds he piles on beyond what he can carry reduces his Speed by one.
- The chart indicates how much a character can lift, but that amount represents a focused, one-time act.
|1||lift a chair||40 lbs|
|2||lift a large dog||100 lbs|
|3||lift a public mailbox||250 lbs|
|4||lift a wooden crate||400 lbs|
|5||lift a coffin||650 lbs|
|6||lift a refrigerator||800 lbs|
|7||overturn small car||900 lbs|
|8||lift a motorcycle||1000 lbs|
|9||overturn mid-sized car||1200 lbs|
|10||lift a large tree trunk||1500 lbs|
|11||overturn full-sized car||2000 lbs|
Lifting and Moving
All people can accomplish feats of strength in momentary efforts. To exceed this limit, a Strength + Stamina roll is required, with successes achieved added to your character's Strength score to determine what kind of task he can accomplish in that action.
- Dice Pool: Strength (+ Stamina)
- Action: Instant
- Suggested Equipment: Convenient handholds +1, lifting belt (+1)
- Possible Penalties: Slippery conditions (-1), lack of handholds (-1), "It's been a long day" (-1)
- If your character's modified Strength total exceeds that required to lift an object, it can be relocated as desired.
- If his Strength total matches that required to lift an object, it can be moved about a yard.
- Dramatic Failure: The item is dropped and/or a level of bashing damage is incurred.
- Failure: Nothing is added to Strength.
- Success: One or more is added to Strength.
- Exceptional Success: Five or more is added to Strength and the character looks really impressive while performing his mighty feat.
Breaking Down A Barrier
Breaking down a door
- Roll Strength + Stamina
- Each success gained in excess of the door's Durability is a point of Structure damage inflicted.
- Overcoming all of the door's Structure points breaks it down completely.
- Exceeding Durability in damage done breaks the lock; the door remains on its hinges, but can be opened.
Holding back a door
Your character seeks to hold a door closed against others who want it open.
- Roll Strength + Stamina
- Successes earned are added to the door's Durability rating (which also increases its Structure).
- A holding character suffers half of any damage that exceeds the door's total Durability rating (that from the door itself and from the reinforcing character; fractions are rounded down).
- No more than two people can work together to break down or reinforce a normal-sized door.
- If damage done to the door ever exceeds its total Durability (its own rating, plus points added by characters holding it), the door is forced open. If damage done ever exceeds the door's total Structure, the door is destroyed altogether.