From Edge of Darkness Wiki
Firearms allows your character to identify, operate and maintain most types of guns, from pistols to rifles to military weapons such as submachine guns, assault rifles and machine guns. This Skill can represent the kind of formal training provided to police and the military, or the basic, hands-on experience common to hunters, criminals and gun enthusiasts. Firearms also applies to using bows. Your character can use guns and bows equally. Note that dots in Firearms do not apply to manually fixing or building guns, only to wielding them. Construction and repair is the province of the Crafts Skill.
- Possessed by: Criminals, gun dealers, hunters, police officers, soldiers, and survivalists
- Specialties: Specific Category of firearms, Artillery, Autofire, Bow, Heavy Weapons, Sniping, and Trick Shot
General Roll Results
- Dramatic Failure: Weapon malfunctions or your character accidentally hits a different target (possibly himself). The most common type of dramatic failure is a misfire or jam. The former lets a character shoot again in the next turn, the latter can be cleared in the following turn. Storyteller decides what the failure is.
- Failure: You miss the target. Storyteller decides if anything is hit.
- Success: You hit the target.
- Exceptional Success: You hit something vital on the target to exemplify the stellar roll.
- Suggested Equipment: Weapon's damage rating, some firearm accessories
- Possible Penalties: Target's concealment, Target's armor rating, Target Prone, Environmental conditions (-1 to -3)
- Required By: Combat Marksmanship, Combatant, Firearms Retention, Gunslinger, Hound Tribunal, Legion of the Iron Wall, Parliament of Victors, Sniping, Squires of the Broken Bough, Tolltaker Knighthood
- Used By: Backbite, Combat, Firestick Gifts, Oneiromachy, Sense Strength and Weakness, Sharpshooters Eye, Storytelling System, Tactics, Turn Projectile, Verdant Spring