From Edge of Darkness Wiki
This includes tossing around powers. Exception(s) are Hardening Masks and Obfuscate 2. Vampires are expected to Blush.
- No crossover influence is allowed, including exposing political rivals, venue-specific 'gifts', or discussion of plots.
- Certain allowances are made for Nexus threads -- see below.
Open Scenes, Public Locations
All threads in the City Shards Forum are to be open scenes and publicly accessible locations. These may lead to private Scenes, which should be approved by the participating venue's HSTs for PM or Social Group Scenes.
- If the location is one of our player owned Sites, please do not take liberties; i.e. claiming an entire banquet room of another player's restaurant.
- If it is NOT a Site, then the Scene needs to be at a completely neutral location -- not a location where one character works, etc. This keeps the Scene neutral and no one derives a benefit which they haven't paid for.
- Werewolves should be aware of what territory the scene is taking place in. If it is in another pack's territory you are trespassing, unless you have gotten permission in advance.
- When posting a scene please specify a time of day. If a time is not specified and a vampire shows up it is assumed to be after dark.
- Your character may be a total of 2 City Shards at the same time.
- Please play in your chosen venue for six month before opening a Shard. You're still welcome to enter ones other players have created.
- Characters must be recognized by their venue's hierarchy, or in the process of being recognized, to participate. Shards aren't an outlet for Lone Wolves.
- Shards can be used for mentoring (teaching Fighting Styles, etc), but only if both venues follow the same restrictions for gaining such.
- You must have a 'real' avatar/playby. No anime, art, etc.
- Side threads similar to Court/Consilium/etc. are allowed, preferably after a minimum of five characters have entered the scene. Please don't skip over people. Everyone is waiting for their turn to post.
- You must be engaged with another character with or by your second post. Swanning in and standing around indefinitely waiting for someone else to approach will result in post(s) removal.
Shades are an experimental type of 'half' character -- one that isn't involved in regular venues, doesn't have a full character sheet, or earn XP. Other than that, it's whatever you want them to be (although supernatural Shades should be limited to Changeling, Mage, Vampire, or Werewolf). They can even be retired characters or characters from closed games, or simply character concepts you never got around to finishing or want to try on for size.
- Shades will only be featured in Shards, although they're more than welcome to 'graduate' into full-blown characters and go through the Character Approval process
- The standard character limit does not apply to Shades.
Even though Shards should be mostly social, in case a Shade needs a dice pool or wants to be above average (Striking Looks, etc), here are the nuts and bolts:
- Assume that all Attributes are 2
- Assume any Skill test runs that Skill at 1
- No 'free' Character Creation Merits
- 3 discretionary 'dots' to put anywhere (this is how to pay for Merits)
- Previously approved (and gracefully retired) characters may be played as 'Shards' with their existing character sheets.
So much like the current Retainer system, these 'universal' dots could be spent, say 1 for Presence (for 3) and 2 for Striking Looks (for SL2), giving you a good-looking, personable halfsie. Or 2 for Strength and 1 for Brawl if it's a cage fight (total dice pool 6). Or 2 for Strength and 1 for a Fighting Style maneuver.
As the Nexus concept is still a recent introduction, the current rules and documentation can be found in the Nexus Social Group on the forum.