From Edge of Darkness Wiki
- Some venues have restrictions on how characters participate in Scenes -- refer to their individual House Rules articles.
- Also see Glimpse.
Regular / Standard
This is a public or private Scene which is not a Sticky thread.
- Scenes 'happen' when the thread closes/Scene ends
Sticky / Event
This is a Scene which is typically mandatory attendance (Court, etc.), an event/party that people might want to attend, or a thread/plot that will take longer than normal (combat involved, etc).
- Your character can be in multiple Stickies with ST permission
- Stickies 'happen' on the day the thread begins
- Often times these threads are split into 'side' threads to represent conversations and keep the main thread easily readable. Side threads do not count against the Scene limit -- only the primary Sticky / Event counts.
Please note that Sticky refers to both the label and the date reference -- it is 'stuck' in continuity when it began. While they will usually be labeled (STICKY) as such, there are instances when adding the label will be overlooked or it cannot be done (as in a Social Group). Unless otherwise noted, official venue (Court/Consilium/Freehold,etc), family (Clan/Path/Seeming, etc), and organization (Covenant/Order/Court, etc.) will always be considered 'Sticky'. If unsure, please ask.
These are Scenes done in real-time in the Chat rooms.
- Chat Scenes should be logged and posted (Examples)
- No 'cybering'
- Private Crossover Scenes (involving two different splats) require (all) ST approval
- Please refrain from talking about inflammatory topics or topics that may lead to arguments. For example:
- The Validity of other games / sites.
- Any recruiting for IC organizations, such as Covenants or Courts, need to be done In Character.
- Recruiting for other PbP sites is absolutely prohibited.
These Scenes are typically between two characters with positions and in-character responsibilities, allowing for character development and so that other characters don't get 'stuck' waiting.
- PM Scenes require (all) ST approval
- PM Scenes should be logged and posted
These threads are typically phone calls, text messages, emails, or letters.
- Comms happen in real time; once posted, the message is sent/delivered
- If there is a question of continuity, the originator's time-line supersedes the recipient's
These are private forums which contain Scenes visible only to the member of the group.
- Group creation requires ST approval
- Adult content is allowed if mutually agreeable to all group members
The total concurrent Scene counts a character can be in are limited. This helps with pacing as the limitation will enforce a sense of urgency, as well as being a more realistic representation of what a character can accomplish. Yes, decisions will have to be made. Availability will have to be managed. Do you really need to attend that Covenant meeting? Scene limit totals includes venue and faction meetings.
- Changeling House Rules Scene Info
- Mage House Rules Scene Info
- Refer to the Vampire House Rules Scene Info
Scene information is tracked by noting expenditures in individual posts and then displaying a summary in the last Minisheet.
Please see the Shards article.
When casting a spell in a scene it is considered to be cast at the time and place the scene occurs. Spells cast using duration factors may be assumed to be cast in advance, but not in excess of the time allowed by the penalty noted in the dice roller. Note that aforementioned spells cast in-scene are potentially visible by all characters present, and in public this may include Sleepers.