From Edge of Darkness Wiki
Guardians of the Veil
|Mage House Rules|
|Mage House Rules|
|This box: view · talk|
Smaller, derivative "sub-paths" branching off of the parent Paths and Orders, increasing the diversity of the different kinds of mages in the world. A legacy retains many of the characteristics of the path from which it spawned, but the process of forging ones soul to follow a legacy alters the joining mage. Legacies possess unique magical effects known as Attainments which are not subject to most of the rules of magic. 
Joining a Legacy
Legacies may be joined if you fulfill one of two requirements written in each write-up of the Legacy themselves: Parent Path or Parent Order. You don't have to be both, but you have to be at least one.
- Note: It is possible to be tutored in a Legacy that you do not fulfill either the written Parent Path / Order notation in each legacy write-up.
Characters who want to join a legacy for which they do not fulfill any of the requirements Parent Path OR Order, you MUST find a Player Character Mentor who is willing to risk their Order Status to teach your character. If you can't find a Player Character who will teach your Character the fundamentals of their Legacy, you can't join it. Sorry.
- Note: Legacies that are mentioned from other books on page 93 of the Free Council Sourcebook must fulfill the Parent Path. This is the only path of entry. If they do not fulfill that Parent Path, they must convince a PC Mentor to risk their Path Status to teach that Legacy to those people. The Three Legacies in the Free Council Sourcebook: Blank Badges, Cryptologos, Imagineers; so long as they are allowed for play on EoD should read as though they have Parent Path: Free Council. This should bring this in line with the four other Order books.
- Legacies may be acquired at Character Generation or earned during play.
- Legacies purchased at Character Creation requires all pre-requisites to be met and 8xp for the First Attainment.
- Legacies can be acquired during play by purchasing each attainment for 8xp.
- Willpower must be spent in the learning of the Attainment.
- No Left Handed Legacies are Allowed and are part of the Banned List.
- Note: Legacies considered Left Handed by the Consilium and aren't part of the banned list, may be taken but the Player Character will know the inherent danger of being caught.
Custom Legacies are allowed for those who reach Gnosis 4, submit a Legacy with a full Praxis and are vetted for balance by the Mage Team.
- Custom Second and Third Attainments are allowed following the same vetting process.
- Custom Legacies may not travel into other, closely aligned Legacies. See: Clavicularius <-> Bene Ashmedai
The following Legacies are pending review:
The following Legacies have been House Ruled in some fashion:
The following Legacies are Banned from play for Player Characters:
- Austere, Bokor, Carnival Melancholy, Celestial Masters, Cult of the Doomsday Clock, Devourers of the Flesh, Echo Walkers, Fangs of Mara, Scelesti, Secret Order of the Gate, Timori, Tremere Lich, True Soul, Unforgotten Scions
- Above text for historical use only. None of these are Banned under the global House Ruled Legacy system.
Legacies by Path
Legacies by Order
- See also Category:Legacies. To matrix by Path and Order, see Special:BrowseData/Legacies
|Parent||Mage: The Awakening +|
|Permission||House Ruled +|