Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
31 - 35
DISPLAYED
What's Your Character?

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Varyx

Presence 4 (Tempting)
    SL 4 (Sultry)
    Evelynn

Presence 2 (Curious)

Fun

Varyx
    West has dubbed her a Vampire in the Mage venue. She's a Mastigos who plays like a vampire and would thrive in the Vampire scene. From her creation I was into the idea of her erring a little dangerously close to the line that divides Pentacle mage from Seer. She was, in a weird way, inspired a bit by the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter: specifically, that scene where Harry's being Sorted and the only thing that keeps him out of Slytherin is conscious decision to be in Gryffindor instead. It's interesting to explore why she'd make the equivalent choice, and why she might continue to do so in the future. She's also given me a chance to experiment with playing someone who excels a little more readily at behind-the-scenes power. She's a consummate liar and I've also been toying with how that fits in a venue about truth (or Truth) - mostly in that, in lying to others, she's been lying to herself and might not know herself as well as she'd like to think.

Evelynn East
    Evelynn was a surprise to me. To be honest, I just wanted an excuse to play an inventor and go in search of cool toys for her to invent in the background of the venue at the request of others. Instead, she's grown more character depth than I expected, and she's turned out to be a wonderful excuse to play a Winter Courtier, which I have never done before! She's also become a bit of an experiment in the dichotomy between having the sort of naively friendly personality that she does, and the suspicion and fear that's supposed to be inherent in the venue (especially for a Winter). It's turned out to be a nice bit of personal conflict for her regarding the Ice Law!
    Characters
    Varyx - Apostate Mastigos
    Evelynn - Winter Wizened

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West, Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Since I've resurrected them as Shards Shades...

Rory is totally me stealth playing Call of Cthulhu. He's the most ignorant Hunter character to ever grace the venue (no Compact/Conspiracy) and I wanted to get into the discovery of horror rather than being a murder-bot. I also wanted to filter that horror through a super-humane lens and see if I could run with the priest concept without bible-thumping.

Probably the closest thing I've got to a self insert. She's fueled by cynicism and sneakiness and sabotaged by random moments of transcending the same. Definitely the closest to my IRL stats/skills. Mortals, y'all.
    Last edited by West; Feb 13th, 2017 at 07:21 PM.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Morgan was a bit of a surprise and a result of character development. Initially meant to be a feel for the forum character, I didn't expect her to survive this long. The low PC mortality rate wasn't something I'd expected when I started posting (guess I actually did have killer GMs when playing nwod before). So Morgan graduated from a pilot to a series. I waffled for a time on what to do with her. Some of her skills went nowhere with her character development and paths were abandoned. So Morgan could've been an archer or a helicopter pilot, the latter mostly due to the concept of how other Lost would react to getting heli-rescued by Morgan. Morgan has kind of grown on her own into a Naruto-esque ninja that actually uses stealth, with a bit of researcher thrown in. She really just started off from me being on a cute animal video kick, the stuttering and skittish nature just went with that. Parkour was an evolution to her running away that gave me time to figure out what to do with her. Knife throwing used the same skill pool so that got thrown in. Sneaking also went with her nature. Waffling for a path had lead me to make her fast, sneaky, and good with thrown blades. Add Morgan's new firepower (lame pun intended) she is almost a anime ninja. She just needs the right outfit. Sadly she'd go more for something like this then a orange jumpsuit.

5. Likes West, liked this post

0 Scenes

I've been meaning to do this since it was bumped, but I the distractions surrounding me are many.

Mhairi Ankaa
    My cute as a button, stammering elemental with a gothic sense of style and a strange love a shoes and an interesting taste in lovers, and other sexytimes shenanigans that came out of freaking nowhere! (I blame Coco. Coco and Asa.)

She is nothing like how I initially thought of her. In fact originally she wasn't even supposed to be an Elemental! Mhairi was supposed to be a Darkling, a Razorhand x Telluric in fact! Who wasn't going to be shy, nor stammer! She was supposed to be a dramatic sort that would have gotten along with Coco famously, or thinking about it, their interactions might have started a Civil War.

Chargen, it changes things. That's where Mhairi started speaking to me, instead of being a vague idea in my brain, she started to get some meat on her metaphorical bones. And she wanted to be an Elemental. Which I needed to find a kith to match her change in desires. Ask-wee-da-eed lit up like a beacon for her concept and how the description worked well with the Telluric kith neither she, nor I wanted to give up.

Then the car accident happened dragging me away from the site, after she was approved and hopped into her first scene. So maybe between then and the Winter Coronation, Mhairi changed who she wanted to be. And I think that change was amazing.

Alice Hart
    Former Keeper of the Deep Kingdom, Prisucs of her Clan, Acolyte of the Circle of the Crone.

Holy crap I saw none of this coming. As you can tell with Mhairi and early Alice, my default setting is shy. And like Mhairi, Alice was originally intended to be someone vastly different. When I did the first run in Chargen, she was a Mekhet, but the allure of the Haunting presence of Clan Nosferatu was just to hard to ignore...and I'm glad I listened. I've had so much fun RPing Alice the Haunt. I doubt I would have had as much fun with Alice the Shadow. Besides she wouldn't have had any part of the Deep Kingdom were she a shadow.

Her faith came straight out of left field. I wasn't expecting it at all. Generally none of my character have ever displayed anything close to what Alice had, but I guess none of them were as lost as she was in the beginning of her tale.

As for the Alibert/Robice/Hoss - I have zero clue to how Alice's story would have gone and would continue, without that hunk of bacon, and I can't wait to see what sort of shenanigans they get into next.

Tuesday
    By now, I should have known that my characters have a life of their own, but I really wasn't expecting Tuesday to go so far off course. Plainly, she was supposed to be an angsty, whiny, bitch. I even started to conceptualize this wonderful character growth arch, but she's Funny. Which I'm coming to love. She's my character without a verbal filter of any kind. When I'm composing something for Tuesday I type the first thing that comes to mind and run with it. Even if it's a horrible idea. Especially if it's a horrible idea.

Vi Todd, The Shade Shard. (Who I hope becomes more eventually)
    Vi, a Summer Courtier, who's a Beast, or an Ogre, I haven't decided yet. She's likely to have a kith from each. She's supposed to be a rude, paranoid, angry ball of growly.

7. Likes unlimited sink, West liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I blame Coco. Coco and Asa.
    Awww yisssss i love being blamed for degenerative chardev!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

9. Likes Orianna, liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
+ Reply to Thread