Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
The Goodbye Thread

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

I'm not sure how to start this post as it's been on my mind for a while. I didn't want to post yet another apology for being absent, I expect everyone is fed up with those. Basically, I've been ill. 'Having to have surgery' ill. I've been on the mend but during this time, my brother, who two years ago beat the Big C, has been diagnosed with several growths in his body, the worst of which is slowly squashing his spinal cord at the T6 vertebrae. A couple of days ago, he lost the feeling in his legs. As you can understand, my head is all over the place and the last thing I can concentrate on is posting.

I really hope this isn't a goodbye. I really hope I return but the Big C runs wild in my family and even though I try to be as positive as I can, those who chat to me on a regular basis outside of the site know that when I'm down, I'm pretty much useless. The last thing I want is to drag down the Changeling venue anymore than I already have.

To everyone currently in a plot with me, either with Terri or as ST, can I apologise for this sudden departure. CyledyrWyllt and Selena are awesome and will move things on or wrap them up accordingly. Speaking of which, I love you guys. It's been brilliant working with you both over the years.

To West thanks for some laughs and helping me grow as a player and an ST.

Lesingnon I'll always remember the rose garden.

To everyone I've had the honour and privilege of playing with, it has been so much fun. 6 years of fun and laughs and the occasional rant. I wish everyone here all the best. This site is without a doubt the best place to hang and tell great stories with some truly talented players. Just keep going and enjoy what you have and don't fret the small stuff.

Take care, love you all.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It's not good-bye.

We'll see you around. Always do

There's always going to be people to dump salt on, Court wars to start... so many good memories. You're getting dealt some crappy cards man, it's fucking awful. There's no way to sugar-coat it. I hope everything comes out okay, or is at least manageable. Take all the time you need. You'll be missed, and my thoughts are with you.

Love you too, man.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Likes Origins, Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow, Chrisie liked this post

It has been one crazy and hectic year, and here in another month, a reprieve! I am going to move to Tennessee and the work load will decrease greatly. Best of all...No more deployments for me. Miss you all and can't wait!

I've got a lot of... "life" going on right now. Too much for me to handle, really. I have a tendency to commit myself to new ideas and projects without thinking about how much of my time they will actually require. To borrow from a certain cartoon: food is like life, and sometimes we bite off more life than we can chew. Next thing you know, you’re barfing life all over the place; the beds, the walls, the priceless carpet, and who do you think has to clean up all that life?

In this case: it's me.

Over the past year, I've looked forward daily to the interactions with all of your characters and have loved telling and sharing in the stories that result from it. Right now, though, posting feels like one more obligation on the long list of obligations I'm juggling. Since this is a site for a game (and I'm not in the position to have fun with it) it's probably better I take a break. I'm shelving my Ling until I get my affairs in order - and that Mage idea of mine is just going to have to wait. Jokes will ensue about that, I'm sure.

I don't know when I will be ready to come back, but I look forward to the day. I'm sure there will be plenty of fresh faces (both on the site and on the character roster) to greet when I do. I'm going to make sure that I can keep up with the required frequency of posts and not leave people hanging as I've had to do recently. Sorry again. For realz.

Life can be a real mess. Keep a bucket nearby.

6. Likes West, Chrisie liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Over the past year, I've looked forward daily to the interactions with all of your characters[...]
    That's gotta be one of the coolest things anyone's ever said about the game!
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

8. Likes Ruach, Travisc06489 liked this post

Hey.

It's been something that I've tried to put off as long as I can, but, here it is.

I've enjoyed playing here but my job has placed more responsibilities on me, with the result of having increasingly pulled me away from the site and put the finishing touch on personal creativity time and any ability I had to post on a regular/required basis. To this end I've decided to step away for a while as it isn't fair for other players to wait for increasing delays in posting and the resulting frustration I was starting to feel towards a hobby in which I could no longer perform as I once did. The realization that I can't keep up with the flow of story in the Changeling game anymore or OOC changes to the site helped me to make the decision to part company, if only for a while, with you.

I've enjoyed the time I've spent reading your stories and sharing a writer's world with you great people, and maybe I can return one day and try something new. But for now, be well, and my best wishes for your future gaming endeavors and collective stories.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Alrighty folks,

Life has been kicking me around for the past year..ish. I made it work some months and not others. I got a job to pay the bills while I try to put many many years of college to use. Between working that wonderful experience, I never worked in food service before holy crap what did I get into, and trying to find a job that lets me use the skills I have, I've been driven up a wall for the past few months. If you want a graphical view, look at the posting rate of Arthur and Garrick. It's just bad.

Here's the kicker though, a few days ago I realized that thinking about the site caused me to have flutters of anxiety. Because I knew I wasn't posting enough and was slowing things down. Which isn't fair at all to anyone. That was compounding on the stress/anxiety I was having already. So after months of swinging back and forth I realized that I needed to bench not just one of my guys, but both of them.

So after....9? years of playing on the site I'll be without any fun thought experiments to throw into hazard situations. RIP Logos and Falx. And honestly, these past two days after I PM'd the STs have been good. There's no stress when I get home at night, I can unwind, I don't hate work with the passion of a Rahu getting thrown shade.

I've had a blast playing on here. I've learned how to write better (despite my atrocious spelling in chat) and had a lot of fun. I hope to hop into chat every now and then and follow the stories being played. This isn't goodbye I hope, more of a "I'll be around" sort of deal. One day as I make things work out (I'm not a fan of Fate, sorry Acanthi) I hope to hop back in here and get some toons killed have fun again.

I am getting help with the stress and anxiety so don't worry there.

Be seeing you all around,

-Kel

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Kelreth!

Love you mang.

When you said, 'okay sure you killed two or three of my toons but i'm still in for UC', man. That made my day. Been a long, long time together, I'll miss ya.

Lynn Mills

Hey guys. I apologize to all, but I simply can not keep up with things any more. I've got two jobs and just lost my apartment - I can't keep up with anything else. I'm going to write myself out of the scenes I'm in; when I can keep up I'll be back.
    Origins

14. Likes Gwydden, Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Varyx

Presence 4 (Tempting)
    SL 4 (Sultry)
    Evelynn

Presence 2 (Curious)

So.

Turns out the minor damage from the fire is somewhat less minor than previously believed. Sufficiently so that there's question about whether or not it's safe for us to remain in our house. Also, our insurance company is trying to screw us out of the claim because they suck.

Also medical stuff, because it turns out inhaling smoke is actually bad for you. Who knew, right?

I have my hands full in the most ridiculous way right now, and I probably will continue to for at least a little while. My hopes? A couple months. My parents tell me that insurance companies are the worst (I've never made a claim before) and I should expect it to stretch out a lot longer. Either way, I really don't think it's feasible for me to play for the next little while. While I'd love to try, I know I'd just hold up threads while I get stuck trying to fight with the insurance company on the phone.

Thus! As sad as it is to say, I'm going to had to withdraw from the site for a little while. I really do hope it's not too long, but I can't really say when I'll be able to come back :(

I've really enjoyed my time here, and hopefully when my roof isn't in danger of falling down around my ears, I'll be able to come back!

Sorry everyone!
    Characters
    Varyx - Apostate Mastigos
    Evelynn - Winter Wizened

16. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread