41 - 46
DISPLAYED
Over at the comic shop...

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Let's start winding down -- this thread hits the month mark on the 27th (six more days) and will close
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

My fucking brain...

Edwin internally winced at the concepts being used between Pepper and Martha. He still looked dumbstruck from Martha's initial shot, when it had been countered and then counter-countered, Edwin decided it was time to go before the nerds in the store caught fire or started snapping selfies just for shits and giggles.

Grabbing a bunch of comics to peruse, Edwin said his farewells to the ladies, paid and then got the Hel out of Philosophy Central.

Edwin departs scene with a minor headache
    Scenes

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper listened attentively, only wanting to add one clarification to her own earlier ramble, "I had intended Platonic Ideal to be of a singular Heroic Moniker at a time - because of Legacies?" Names were passed down, but the ones who take up the name after the first hero tend to always be more interesting. Barry Allen was the least interesting Flash, Carol Danvers and Monica Rambeau were more compelling as Captain Marvel, and Terry McGinnis a more lively Batman... et cetera, et cetera, but the initial founder of the name always seemed partially frozen and stuck. Legacies invited better development.

And Martha's accurate, if long-winded analysis of the Dark Knight had Pepper smiling through bitterness."I can't deny that the Dark Knight trilogy was one of the most devastating disappointments DC has produced for me. Not due to lack of quality, but by such vicious removal of everything hopeful in the character. It's horrible to realize that so many people are going to view that interpretation as The Batman when it's such a grim and unsustainable portrayal. It's like watching Kingdom Come being turned into a movie and marketed as The Real Deal. It's not. It's an offshoot, and Elseworlds print." She shook her head, then sighed. "There's going to be people who think that that's all Batman is and i feel sorry for them."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and nods eagerly to Pepper. Her eyes rarely left her whilst she had spoken;

"You see, Miss!, this is why I think your skills and insights into the world of the narrative, metanarrative and wider cultures will do much to reignite a truer and more lasting sense of wonder!" she smiled very sweetly, clearly hoping to encourage Pepper.

"Ah, but the hour grows late and I fear the store owner will think me a common thief if I don't purchase something soon!" she giggles.

"Miss," she looks to Pepper once more, "I do hope I can join you in any future artistic endeavor! Even to be but a spectator to your creative process!" Martha takes a piece of paper from her blazer pocket and scribbled, if neatly, her telephone number and an e-mail address, handing it to Pepper with a chirpy delight.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper smiled widely at Martha's compliment. "Well, I suppose that's as good a reason as any to try writing again." Restoring a sense of wonder, eh? Why not.

And Martha started making her excuses, so Pepper turned to her bag, fishing out a card to hand to her - and once she had it she noticed that Martha had her number ready to exchange as well. She Smiled larger. "I would love to call you up, if you'd like to do some Alpha reading of whatever story I can scribble down."

6. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha accepted the information with obvious and grateful sincerity; "Thank you! I should like that very much, Miss! Thank you for a most stimulating evening!" she smiled, wide eyed, to Pepper and, nodding to Edwin as he too made his way home and Daniella, bid them a good evening to purchase her comics and make her way back home.

Thanks, Clare and all! A fascinating Shard!
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

8. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread