Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
You Know You're a Gamer When...

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

...you're listening to SportsCenter with one ear and hear:

"...Tiger Woods respawned."

wtf. Rewind.

"...Tiger would respond."

Oh.

Well, that made more sense (in context of golfing), bur sure was a lot less interesting.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

S
    Selena

Ya know I've done that for RL alot. Picking out SL's on people.

Steven telling people I have occult 5 irl...

Then yelling NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

E
    Ebon Reaper

...you hear "Are you going to get ashed this year?" and immediately worry that you might lose your vampire.

...you then write an entire RP scene about it.

LOL

Selena , I know what you mean. One time a friend of mine got locked out of his house when I was with him, and then I helped him break back into his place by finding an unlocked window that lead to the basement. Of course I climbed through it and then walked up to the front door and opened it for him. He looked at me with a blank stare and asked "how the hell did you manage to do that?"

And the only response I thought of at the moment was "larceny 5 motherfucker!"

Suffices to say that he was very confused after that...because he is not a gamer...

Z
    Zoobaroo

Oh, yeah. I say, "I failed my _____ roll!" all the time.

When your default fail response is "dammit rolled a 1"

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

Ha! Jag , Selena ! I was bitching about a coworker not six hours ago and doing that (Well, Selena's already heard part of this).

See, people at my place of work, for some reason, see a guy hunched over a netbook, typing away in the break room, and think "gosh, he obviously wants to hear all about my day."

Well, this one dude just can't take a hint. Will not stop talking about everything he did on Halo Reach yesterday. A game which hasn't been in my xbox for probably a year now. I don't care. I'm busy. Leave me alone.

When describing this scenario later to random sympathetic coworker, I said, "He's got like, Wits 1, Empathy 0, and the fucking Gangrel Clan weakness, so even he uses willpower to keep from chance rolling, he still probably won't know what's going on!"

"That... that was RPG speak, wasn't it?"

/me facepalms

K
    Kazakin

...I did this at work.

Kept a straight face for 10 minutes while someone was ranting that their bed hadn't been made (It had- for some reason, the fact that housekeeping tucked the quilt under the pillow meant it ceased to exist). This was after a nine hour shift, right as my change over was waiting in the office.

Walked back into the office, sat down, said perfectly calmly: "That was annoying."

My boss: "...How did you not tell her to fuck off?"

Me: "I have Composure 6. That's how good I am."

My boss: o.O??

Me: "Fuck."

You're all crazy! I have never done such a crazy thing.

....honest

Z
    Zoobaroo

someone was ranting that their bed hadn't been made (It had- for some reason, the fact that housekeeping tucked the quilt under the pillow meant it ceased to exist). "
    So many things wrong with what that person said. Ugh.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread