Watch
41 - 49
DISPLAYED
These Plans Need a Woman's Touch

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Merchant," Matt supplies. "Yeah, he's like that..."

As Monica continues, he gets a bit glassy eyed. Dear god she isn't going to...

...cry...

...is she?

It's a perfect opportunity to comfort the pretty new girl. Maybe even a hug, commiserate over a coffee lunch date. Good looking Matt may be, but he's still an engineer at heart. He'll think of all of these things in fifteen minutes.

Silent Bob spins his LCD around, and Monica can see blueprints... with very large empty spaces. Of nothing. Silent hovers his cursor over the PRINT icon, looking at Monica curiously.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Monica smiles at Silent Bob and looks at him expectantly.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

A large plotter hums to life and starts swaying methodically as the blueprints are produced. When completed, Silent Bob carefully rolls them up and puts them in a tube taken from a stand filled with them next to the plotter.

"I don't think you're stupid," Matt offers. He's catching up.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"Thank you. You're both so sweet."

Monica crumples her face into a look of gratitude to Matt and Silent Bob as she accepts the tube. She looks at the image on the LCD as if she is simply idly curious about what it shows.

"To be honest, I don't even see what the big deal is... I mean, look, it doesn't really show much, does it? It's just a bunch of empty space. My sister, Andrea... she's my Tri-Delt sister, not my real sister... she married this guy, Mark, who's like, an engineer or something... anyway, he's loaded, and he built her a house for their wedding gift. A house. So, she showed me those plans, and there was all kinds of stuff written in all over them. They looked way more complicated than this, y'know? Oh well, mine's not to reason why, just to y'know... whatever."

Maybe Matt's wrong. Maybe Tabitha is stupid.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Yeah, they're private," Matt nods, glad to return to a topic with firmer footing. "They don't have to file anything but basic dimensions for easements, prove adequate traffic patterns and escape routes, and maintain their permits."

He moves, pointing to the blank areas.

"These are all probably areas that have security information; it's accessible, but not easily."

There's a pause.

"So where'd you go to school?"

Awwww yeah, playa Matt is warming up.

"I went to Ohio State... Go Buckeyes!"

Looking at the empty areas on the screen, she leans forward as she turns toward Matt with a skeptical look on her face.

"So you know how to fill in all the empty stuff? Show me..."

Straightening up, she looks slightly embarrassed.

"I mean, I don't want to get anyone in trouble, or anything."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Maybe," Matt answers, looking at Silent Bob.

The cursor dances, and drills down into the diagram, before the brown haired head shakes.

"Yeah...," Matt continues, leaning forward to read. It's nowhere near as interesting as when Monica leans forward.

He points.

"They're filed with the security firm... Arrow Consulting... which means we can only access them for force majeure type situations."

He shrugs.

"It's no biggie, Merchant probably knows that already."

Monica's eyes widen as if she realizes she's been wasting tax-payer's dollars. She cocks her head sweetly.

"Speaking of... I should get back to work, huh? Thank you guys so much for all of your help. I guess I'll see you around..."

Twiddling her fingers at them both, she turns back toward to elevator, intent on taking it back to the lobby and meeting back up with Nigel.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Both nod affably and watch Monica leave, both plotting and scheming their way into her heart, or pants, whichever is most accessible.

End Scene

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5