Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
This is the World of Darkness

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

In years of playing both classic and new world of darkness I met a lot of game masters. Some of them were actually worthy of the name of storytellers.

Yet, few of them were able to properly show that this setting is not our setting. It's worse, it's more brutal, it's different from the experience of a common person. Yes, our world is screwed up, but World of Darkness is worse.

It's full of monsters, and still it's one man, a human, who made my stomach turn and mind scream NOPE.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Harry Woods.

It's the man from the VIP room. He's dressed now. A casual golf shirt, with large horizontal stripes. A few dark flecks spot it randomly.

"You awake? Good. It's Twenty Questions time."

He's a smug fuck.

Harry leans forward. "You probably think you're not going to answer my questions. But, bear with me. I spent some time in Uganda, a while back. Great place. I learned a lot. That whole area is full of warlords, and nobody fucks with them."

He's actually a pretty personable guy, when he's not slamming bottles into people's head.

"You know why? One word. Mutilation. They cut bits and pieces off. There was one that took a whole bunch of prisoners from a failed coup. Every year, he trotted them out, in public, and hacked something off. Hand. Foot. Every. Year. You get the idea. No more uprisings. Hell, that's pretty effective. So I thought to myself, self, you could probably beat a man all day, and he'd still keep his secrets. Water. Electricity. All that silly stuff."

He smiled.

"But what if a man was faced with, say, spending the rest of his life missing a hand? Or foot? Think those secrets are worth a lifetime of that? I don't know about you, but I don't. I sure wouldn't, at least."

Harry leaned across, reaching for the tray.

"I took the liberty of expressing how serious I am. Just in case you think I'm fucking around."

The steel surgical tray in his hands holds a nasty looking chisel, and a hammer. Dried blood is caked on them.

It takes a moment for the other objects to register.

Two blueish pink bloody stubs. Ragged ends show a hint of yellow bone.

They're Leo's thumbs.

"Right now, you can still drive a car. Dress yourself. Even jerk off."
    Anyone has any doubts why we're allowing only adults in age and mind on the site?

2. Likes Origins, Chrisie, Jag, Wod.Infant, West liked this post
    C
    Cross

Thank god the celibate guy can still jerk off!

T
    TehDeminz

Showed this to a friend of mine I've been trying to get into World of Darkness. Fairly sure this macabre scene convinced her. :P

S
    Selena

With regard to the post here and the original one, this made me think of West when I saw it today.

Ecard

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

World of Darkness with West - Darker than Black.

And if Leo survives this, we have more reason to have Life Masters around

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Harry likes long walks on a moonlit beach, body shots, and dogs.

Thanks I do enjoy the darker side of the game line, and very much so exploring the characters I'm fortunate to work with. In this case, a mage who can wield Celestial Fire, bend sound and light, but is still very much human, with human problems. A Vampire, who is something other than human -- and less Humane, who'd sell a man off to Bad People.

And, seriously. Big thumbs up props to @Xander and @Wod.Infant . It's their Scene(s).
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

8. Likes Jag, Chrisie, Wod.Infant, Origins, Sirith liked this post

"Y-"

The red button, apparently, turns the intercom off.
    Oh man when things can't get worse it's the little details

Very good scene @Xander and @West

10. Likes Jag, West liked this post
+ Reply to Thread