Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Block Party Christmas/New Years' 2011

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

PRE

Eyebrows shoot up at the name, and Joshua looks doorwards with forced nonchalance. "Oh, is Ruby..? Well, yes. Let's. Pardon me," he says to Akroma in a voice just a little too quiet to be heard clearly over the noise, the words rushed just a touch too much to be understood even if they could be heard.

Joshua starts to work his way through the crowd, drying clammy palms on his pants, eyes forward with a diligence Orpheus would have envied. The trip seems to pass too quickly as it takes forever to end, and soon Joshua has made it; he has reached his daylight.

"Glad you could make it, I was getting worried." He smiles at her, nervous, cheeks already noticeably red in the dark.

L

Triquetra glances about as she hears the name mentioned, eventually spotting the woman she'd met briefly at the last party not long before leaving and...well, not long before leaving. And as Joshua started making his way over to the Obrimos she glanced back up over her shoulder at Animus, "Are we following?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

By way of reply, Animus finds Triq's hand and gives it a quick squeeze before following Joshua. Finally making his way over, he forces a smile. Just relax. Like you told Josh. "Hey Ruby. You're just in time."

Hustle, bustle, bumpercars. My little Texan sugar-dumpling is having some measure of trouble making her way through the crowd. So many stunning faces and figures people Avalon in these last minutes of 2010, all caught up in their own worlds, broad smiles flashing briefly into hissing scowls when their focus is broken by an errant shoulder or an 'excuse me.'

Yeeeeeeesh.

Still making slow progress, Ruby makes room for another pair, these headed towards the door and without an aura of vicious self-absorption. She smiles, "Pardon me," as the sultry woman leads her square-shouldered paramour out into the night. The smell that goes with them, perfume, cologne, something else - it needles at you, stirs you up.

Where is everyone?

She scans the bar just in case, but there are too many faces to be sure. The dance floor is out of the question, as the boys would die of fright out on their own out there. They would be hiding, a dark corner, somewhere they could hold their ground, someplace defensible...

Ah! There they are!

"Joshua!" She presses out, her palms touch his stomach, slide across and around as her body presses in and her hands reach each other. "I am sooo sorry I'm late." Her head sets down on his shoulder for a brief instant.

And she lets go and pulls back.

"Animus! Dear how are you?" She tries to say over the music as she gives him a warm hug, this one more like fresh bread, or that cousin who joined the peace corps and turned buddhist.

And last but not least, there's the little angel that's going to make poor Ani a new man.

European cheek kisses for you!!! *Muaa* *muaa!* "And you, dear. Miss Triquetra, you are looking gorgeous." Ruby gushes as she deposits two elegant pecks onto Triquetra's cheeks, pleased as peaches to be with her friends at last.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The waitresses circulate, politely giving the 'Last Call'...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

End Scene
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread