Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
What's Your Character?

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

oh, and Argent:

I still love his concept: Teela Brown from Ringworld plus plus. Entirely self centered and egomaniacal because nothing bad has ever happened to him because he's too lucky, but not a bad person. Unfortunately, he's such a douche that people either can't take him seriously or dislike him lol

Dog:
    Another 'by request'. The original vampire ST, dredloke, wanted a pc 'spy', and so Dog was born to spy on the city and feed info he gained IC back to the Gardeners. It went really well, and I got to play a super crass/vulgar Gangrel.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)
    Twist Scenes

Twist
    Twist started as a LARP character for me and is very close to my heart. She is my 2nd vampire character ever (my first never died *laughs*) and my first character ever that I built with no help at all (I am kind of a newb when it comes to gaming) and with her I wanted to try having a combat cheese monster. My original vampire was a social butterfly (Daeva, Crone, Harpy) and most of my TT toons were not strong straight fighters either, leaning toward mental skills. So with Twist I wanted to 1) build my own toon without help and 2) make a dumb fighter who didn't think much but was disgusting in her fighting abilities.

Unfortunatly the LARP was short lived and Twist's CS was put in the dead pile. Like West though, I was asked for help in populating the site and thought it would be great to pull her out again. Needing people in power though to build a command structure she was made the Daeva priscus and given some more points to drop to make her respectable.

She really has come along way from them and is one of my most cherished characters. I never in a million years would have guessed the character I started, a contortionist turned assasin who is stupid, would become hound, leader of the Invictus, part of the city's power core, and still maintain her Daeva head position

3. Likes West liked this post

Kharn

O-Yama: O-Ya, aka Daeva-Ratu, aka Torpor Commando, aka the EverCaptured, aka Pajamas, aka many other names... is my first nWoD character I ever made, and hands down my favorite, I made him to be a more serious character IC, even if his actions cause riots OOC and I've never not had fun with playing him, even during the shenanigans of Horizon. Brash, slightly impulsive at times, he has a warped code of honor, and almost never drops a grudge.

Paladin:
    I made him to be a very wolfish personality, very feral and very animalistic but also very religious and controlled with his actions, he's more of a hold back and wait than run in and shred type of character, a bigtime counterpoint to Mateo, in my opinion.

Colin:
    Something of a gunbunny/jokester, Colin was made to have fun with, and partially to help populate the Mortal venue under new management, plus, Leverage is an awesome show and getting to play my own spin on a character similar to the show, I jumped at the chance.

Enzo: Enzo, Enzo, Enzo... I made Enzo to be a character who gives absolutely no care about anything, does what he wants and does it when he wants, is a complete slut, but thinks he can be a faithful lover, and overall is carried more by his emotions and impulsive cockiness than anything else, from people's love/hatred for him, I think I'm doing a good job playing him exactly as intended.

5. Likes West liked this post

Anton Flores: I have a tendency to make characters whom I secretly want to die under unlikely, embarrassing and excruciating circumstances, so the initial concept with Anton was to showcase just how unpalatable Vampires actually are when you scrape away the glam-myth they've accrued over the last couple of centuries. The horror, for me, comes along after taking into account the lack of purpose and control that's part and parcel of the vampiric condition. Anton was kind of an exercise in exposing these deficiencies and then the existential gymnastics they'll do to deny them.

I don't know whether it's pity or Stockholm syndrome, but I've kind of warmed up to him. In hindsight I could've done what I set out to do with a vamp who does embrace the hollow romanticism and vanity that dead parasites tend to cling to, but I have this aversion to sexy vampires which I hope to get over in time for my next Requiem character.

Leopold Glass: Leopold's a brand new character, so he isn't particularly developed; especially given that at this point he's supposed to be a walking identity crisis with a vestigial ingrate adolescent prick floating around somewhere inside. I'm intending for him to co-opt mannerisms and personality quirks as he sees them. Hopefully this'll run its course before the novelty wears off and I can take the character somewhere else.

7. Likes West liked this post

Vauban

I've Had a Few Characters in the Past, So I'l just stick to the ones I have now

John Gears: Quite literally my first ever character I made for any RPG. He's my take on changelings that have lost everything: bitter, angry, shit scared of a lot of the horror he comes across, almost downright depressing and throwing all of his faith into the fact the Freeholds existence keeps things together. Of course, hes starting to grow away from those basics I built on him and he still remains my Favorite toon.

Trench: Basically, an experiment like many of my vampire toons that didn't work out but decided to pick up again. Originally he Awakened IC and was suppose to learn about the World from there, but with a lot of the story lines going on and not being able to keep up, I put him on the shelf until recently since it was not proving to be as fun as I first thought. Now that hes back and knows whats going on (Somewhat) hes gone from ignorant Sleepwalker turned mage to a young man who is quite terrified of other mages since he had time to sit down and really think on the implications of giving random people control over reality.

Samantha Dawns: In all honesty, she is basically a replacement for Jack Bennett's original purpose (Which was ironically being damn good at bloodhunts...Yeeeaaah) but put in a different Splat and mindset. Shes also my first female toon and as a result tends to come across as a tomboy in my opinion.

Melissa Payne: The next in a looong line of Vampires on this site. Mel is actually my first purely Social toon here, but with a few other skills so I don't fall into the trap of crippling overspecialization (Myrah) and doesn't have some sort of gimick meant to hold my interest (Cassandra_\). Shes a combination of everything I have learned about vampire and I am really hoping this one lasts longer.

9. Likes West liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'm not sure how many people notice, or consider, how the attributes are divided into three categories, but they are:

Power: Intelligence, Strength, Presence
    Finesse: Wits, Dexterity, Manipulation
    Resistance: Resolve, Stamina, Composure

I periodically look at my characters and tally their traits to see how the dots define them, and then consider my playstyle with them. It's kind of interesting. I know some of you may not want to reveal which of the three your character(s) is geared towards, but it may be a fun thing to take a peek at.

Asa = POWER
    Nightfall = Finesse
    West = Resistance
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

Al-Adin- Finesse

Departed:
    Regina Pia- Finesse/Resistance
    Bull Rush- Resistance
    Mrs. Scotts- Finesse
    Captain- Power/Reistance (for all of his 3 minutes of playing)
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Arnold Culler: My first vampire toon. I thought it would be cool to play a hulked up, ugly Nos and play up the Giant merit. At the time I couldn't find a Covenant I liked any better than the Invictus and I liked the idea of someone who's less inclined toward social situations because of his appearance, but utilized other means to gain status in the Covenant. He's also the character with the richest history, both background and in-play.

Simon Oita: I made Simon, for one thing, as an excuse to use the image of Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2 as a Changeling. I like how he's a Painter, and is somewhat repressed while being able to express himself more with his art.

Brandon McKinsey: I liked the idea of playing a convict on the run and I thought that a First Change would present a great opportunity to escape from prison. This is my first Werewolf character, so he's still developing so far as the splat is concerned. There are some more human aspects to his personality that I'd like to get out there soon, hopefully,

Chief: I wanted a character, particularly a Mage, who was less Eclipse and more Ollie. Sometimes I like a character with a lot of room to be a fuck-up and people will just say "There goes that crazy drunk Libertine." Chief's also built better than both of my previous Mages, with more consideration given to his Arcana complimenting his skills.

13. Likes West liked this post

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Chris Wooding = Finesse
    Jessica & Akroma have equally divided attributes. Resistence is important for all beginning toons I think, power comes later, first I need to keep them alive.

So I try to keep my character balanced qua attributes. Skills really define my toon. I must admit I just make the attributes how they serve my toon in the best way. I make background - chose good skills that fit the background, then I just look what I want to do, and what attributes I need for it.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Chris Wooding: /me loves the Circle of the Crone, and so does this toon, it is his life. I also like the Mekhet most, so this is a combination of that I keep him balanced now, and so try to keep him around (though I fail utterly at that :P). The Kindred Venue is the only supernatural one I'm experienced with, so this is a toon that I hope to play the most actively. I regret not giving him a bloodline, because I'm a big bloodline fan, but now I have something to dream about in the future.

Jessica Warren: The mortal venue was going through a big change, so I wanted to step in as one of the first. Although I didn't tried to exactly copy Dexter's Debra Morgan, it certainly has some influences. I made this character at the time I hadn't read any non-vampire/mortal books, so I just needed another toon to play with the awesomeness of Twilight Valley!

Akroma: My first mage toon ever, so a big experiment in the mage venue. And I like fire myself (I'm not a pyromaniac, just like it :P), so if I needed one toon to play with fire, my vampire wasn't such a great idea, so it became Akroma. Akroma is a bit unexperienced mage, but willing to develop herself. I made her unexperienced because I am myself, so help my character, and you help me.
    And I really like mages in the whole world of fantasy, so I just needed one as quick as possible after reading some books.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

16. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
+ Reply to Thread