DISPLAYED
Back to School

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Sell it, girl;
    roll Manip + Subterfuge -3 for this...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica knew she screwed it up, lying all around could be part of the job, although she messed it up with this guy. She wanted it really much, to be useful for the team.
    But when she sees the result she thinks it might not be as bad as the thought it was, it was a lab proctor after all.

Lying
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Do I look like I was born yesterday?" Chris asks. "Quit trying to play me."

He delivers the line with all the bravado of someone who's seen one episode of "Oz" and been intensely disturbed by it.

"Anyway, I've got classes soon," he adds, looking pointedly at his watch.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Seriously?' she's pissed now. 'You're right, I shouldn't act so stupid, I'm absolutely sorry. But we actually called the University for help and made an appointment. Officer Patolli and Officer Rizzo told about the fact you'd better tell us what you know. I'm just playing the dumbass here, that surely didn't work. Okay I can life with that. But you can't run from the other two guys. We asked for help because this is serious stuff. You could help us by telling what it is. Or perhaps you could give us McClellan's number. Then all the honor goes to the army, but you helped us at least.'

Stressed as she is she walks to Frank and whispers with a sad voice 'Sorry, I totally screwed up today...'

"Look, kid," Frank says, interjecting. His bluff called, he tries another bribe. "You help us out, we'll provide you with a good reference for those clearances, you ever decide to come work for Uncle Sam. Fair enough? An' all you've given us so far is enough to go ask crazy, clumsy questions of the military, who I'm sure will have questions of their own. Like, who told you about this? So why don't you start answering us now, Chris, and we can be a lot more discreet in our investigation going forward, right?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"I want letters... with badge numbers," Chris replies. He nods to himself. Awwwww yeah.

"First."

Vince pulls out his I.D. and bears to show Chris, He holds it steady so Chris can copy anything he wants, but like hell he is giving his badge this punk. "Your making a mistake to withhold what you know. A kid died. if this happens again... Please help us prevent that."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"A leeeeeeeh-tuuuuuuur," Chris enunciates. "A letter of recommendation, like Gramps said."

Jesus christ this guy was stupid.

"Ummmmm, maybe just from the other two," he ammended.

Hell, he couldn't honestly predict what a recommendation from Vince was worth; the only thing he seemed qualified to comment on was shitty haircuts.

Frank nods at Vince to settle down. They'd have to go over the good cop/bad cop/random outburst cop dynamic later. "Right. Letters. A deal's a deal." He takes a sheet of paper and begins writing about what a talented, trustworthy lab proctor Chris has been and how the Department of Homeland Security is indebted to his help. He tries to use the flowery kind of garbage language he hasn't had to bother with in years, words like 'gratitude' and 'appreciation' turning up with alarming frequency. "Warren, write the guy a letter, would ya?" He hands his over to Chris after applying his signature and badge number, as requested. "Good?"

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Fine. Whatever.' Jessica grabs another sheet of paper and takes a look at Franks letter as well. She writes all the stuff Chris probably wanted to hear, inspired by Frank, because she wasn't up to write such a letter all by herself at the moment. She added some of her police influences, that he would do a great job there as well, and that police helped with this investigation helped that fact. At last she also applies her signature and badge number. 'There you go.' And she hands all the stuff over to Chris.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last