Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Back to School

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Frank, to Warren's dismay, does not drive a nice car. In fact, it was the opposite of nice. The primer gray big-body Dodge whined, growled, refused to start, stalled out at a light, twice, and it may have lost its muffler along the way.

It fit in perfectly on campus...twenty years ago. But it didn't look like a cop car, and that was what was important. Frank even put the dashboard lights under the seat. Lord knows what a bunch of drunk frat boys would do to a cop car in the parking lot while they were busy.

It comes to rest, gratefully, in the parking lot outside the Science building. Rizzo leads the group inside, where he was told to meet up with their contact for the microscope Kordecki was keen on, to examine their haul of neutrinos, or whatever the kids called these rusty flakes, he found on the sunken boat.

Vince follows along trying his best not to look overly excited about cool Science!Awesome.

Bug geek on campus, gets to oggles the Electron Microscope. Vio-lnce and Gorchuck will be sooooooooooo jealous in Vent tonight.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

A bit annoyed about the car trip she follows the rest of the group. But as soon as they enter the University her excitement comes back and with a big smile on her face she looks around. She finds big pleasure in watching everybody in there, and she almost forgot she promised herself to show real interest in all the science stuff. Because wathever people thought of her, she actually used to like science a lot.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It's a typical college building; white halls, and doors lit with small text. It's enough to make one wonder if college has anything to do with the curriculum, or if it's simply teaching the rat to find the cheese at the end of the maze. There's a cork board, with telephone rat-tail strips hanging on various flyers: roommates, massage therapy, car pool, you name it, someone wants someone else to do it with them.

There's a kid listening to an iPod and reading Wired sitting on a bench.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Frank nudges Patolli and Warren to, "Ask him where we're s'posed to go. I hate kids." Which wasn't entirely true. He hated how sad it made his wife, when she was alive, that she couldn't have any. Part of him still holds on to that barrier, that anger, that he had built to protect himself from feeling helpless in the face of nature and God. While he waits for them, he looks over the bulletin board for anything interesting or really out there, not knowing what he expected to find. Adverts for terrorist camp? Wanted ads for yellow-cake uranium? A Scientology seminar? Rizzo shudders.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Is the whole point of an appointment not that people are waiting for us? I'll ask the kid, but don't blame me if soon the whole world is full with rumors a la 2012.' Jessica walks to the kid, putting her nicest smile on her face. She stands in front of him Wired? You got to be kidding me, like I hadn't noticed I was in the University without enough smart people. She bows towards the kid, pulling his iPod out of his ears. 'Hey there, we' and she points to Vince and Frank 'are from homeland security and have an appointment with the sience department in this Univesity. Do you know where it is? And if you do, could show us the way to people who you could expect to have an appointment with us?'

Vince steps up to the challenge, is beat by Jessica, then chokes. Furious eyes fighting to glare at the woman in-between coughing. All he can get out is "Ack-"

Thick glasses focus on the college kid to see how he reacted to Homeland Security showing at his comfy bench.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Dude! Huh?" comes the indignant response.

You don't touch the headphones. That's... like, personal.

What might of been an ass-chewing is belligerently swallowed -- whether because of Warren's appearance, or the mention of Homeland Security is unclear.

"Yeah, I know," he says, standing. "I'm Chris, I'm a lab proctor. What've you got?"
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Fantastic.' A big smile and then she turns to Vince and Frank 'Come on guys.' She waves to them, making clear they can come. 'This man, Chris, is a lab proctor, you can show him what we got. Oh, and I am Jessica Warren.' she says, turning to Chris 'and these men are Vince Patolli and Frank Rizzo.' She pointed in their direction while saying there names.

Frank pulls himself away from a joke on the bulletin board regarding a downward facing dog with some bewilderment as Jessica calls them over. "Thank you for yer assistance," the old man rasps at their scientist-du-jour. "I'm sure you understand the sensitive nature of our request. We don't want any word of this getting out, and we'd rather not discuss it publicly. As I said on the phone, we've found something...unusual, and if our initial analysis is correct, you may find it very interesting."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last