41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Its only lying if you get caught

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Kharn

well isn't that just dandy...

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Monica notices there are a lot less guards than there should be. Maybe a third of what she's seen in other museums. They're there, mainly at choke points, but only one where someone would expect two, and none inside most exhibit rooms.

Colin, a bit overcome by the proximity of Miss Forrester, lets his arm drop and grabs ass.

He just can't help himself.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Stifling the reflex to slap Colin squarely in the face, Monica keeps her cool and simply reaches down and gently removes his hand from her firm, shapely buttocks. However, her fingernails dig in sharply as she does so, leaving angry little crescents in Colin's wrist.

"No Honey, not in public. You know I don't like PDA...C'mon, let's go."

Monica is already moving back toward the security desk to retrieve her letter opener. No way was she leaving anything with her fingerprints behind. Having gotten the information she had come for, she was done here. Besides, she was used to working with professionals... not junior high school kids.

Kharn

"My bad, got distracted." Colin says, slightly sheepishly, embarrassed at what he's slipped up and allowed himself to do.

"We need to call Dizzy and talk." He says as they're in the parking lot, talking quietly, just to be sure. "He's big on the driving thing right? He'll be the one we need to work out how to do this with."

After retrieving her letter opener, Monica exits the museum and makes straight for Colin's car. She makes no effort to hide the fact that she's pissed. Getting in, she waits until her partner gets behind the wheel before she turn on him.

"My bad? Fuck off! Don't ever try to pull that shit with me again. Do you understand? If we hadn't been on a job..."

God, what a douche bag...

Monica leave the rest of her threat unfinished. She looks out the window and takes a breath before continuing.

"Yeah, call Dizzy. Tell him what we found out. I need a minute to think."

Shouldn't there have been more guards? Why was security so lax? Unless... maybe they're busy doing something other than walking the floor. Hmm...

Kharn

"You'd kick my ass, or slap the shit outta me, or a myriad of other shit. I get the idea, like I said, my fucking bad, honest mistake. You can't really blame a man sometimes, you ever looked in a mirror?" Colin says, not losing his temper at all with her. He probably wasn't helping, probably just adding fuel to the fire, but that was how Colin tended to operate. For someone in their line of work, she didn't seem to have much control over her emotions. He starts the car, but before pulling out of the parking lot he pulls his pack of smokes out and lights one, offering one to her in hopes of maybe helping her chill out.

"You really outta have one, takes the edge off of being so pissed." He says, taking a long drag off the cigarette and blowing the smoke out from his nose, savoring the burn of the smoke as he fishes the phone from his pocket and dials Dizzy's number. He puts the phone to his ear, waiting to see if he'll pick up as he puts the car in reverse and heads out of the parking lot

My bad... honest mistake... You can't really blame a man sometimes... Wow, I totally had this guy wrong. The only real relationships he's ever had were either inflatable or with Rosy Palm... or maybe paid by the hour.

Monica grabs the offered cigarette and take a long drag as well. Exhaling, she stubs it out on Colin's crotch before he puts the car in reverse.

"No thanks, I quit. You know those things are gonna be the death of you..."

Kharn

Colin, slamming the breaks and nearly jumping out of his seat, yells loudly. "Monica! Fucking hell woman I need those!" He says laughing, hoping Dizzy doesn't pick up the phone during his exclamaition.

She obviously has some deep-seated issues in the touching department. He'd have to talk to her about it, help smooth things over between them, they'd been working together for a while, she should be used to him by now. He puts his hand over the reciever of the phone, turning to her with a smile on his face despite the hole burnt into his pants. "I think you're gonna kill me before they do." He says with a small laugh, smoke cascading from his lips in time to the exhalation of his laugh, trying to ease the tension between them. "How long have we worked together? How many of those jobs have I ever fucked up? Lets just put this behind us, I slipped up, you're a beautiful woman."

Monica looks at Colin with veiled eyes.

"Oh, was that a bad touch? My bad... I guess now we're even."

Somewhere deep down, a little voice whispers that she is overreacting, but Monica isn't listening. She knows the effect she can have on some men, but she is quite simply not an object to be manhandled... or controlled... never again. Outwardly, Miss-Forrester-if-you're-nasty shrugs and tries to project an indifferent attitude.

"Well, there was that one time... with the drunk mime and the ducks?"

She smirks when she thinks of that particular SNAFU. Even though it really hadn't been Colin's fuck up, he had taken it hard, feeling personally responsible for almost botching the job. However, it had actually been quite embarrassing for them both, and they had sworn never to repeat that particular story to anyone. Ever. Bringing up her past with Colin seems to ground Monica a bit. He's always been a bit brash and cocky, but he's never given her any reason to distrust him. She tries to change the course of the conversation.

"What's up with Dizzy?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

You know any time a mime is involved I'm going to claim it was Nightfall
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last