Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Its only lying if you get caught

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Kharn

Colin smiles when Monica pokes at him at the mention of women being worshipped. "Baby, you know I worship you..." He says in mock shock.

As Shepard continues Colin listens intently, contemplating. If the books were being shipped, they could plan a roadside hit of the vehicle carrying it. Dizzy would probably be interested in that definately. It wouldn't neccessarily make things easier, but a road hit could make it easier to not get caught. They'd have to call Dizzy as soon as they left, see what he thought.

"Yeah, but we might be moving to LA in the fall. How soon are you getting rid of them? I mean, are they already packed up, or do you think we could just take a little peek?"

"Oh, that's a shame." For more reasons than one.

Jordan shook his head. "They're packed up in secure storage, and the truck is coming late tonight. They are off to our off-site facility. You remember the warehouse from Raiders of the Lost Ark? A lot like that."

"Over here we have early editions of the French fables of La Fontaine."

Monica shrugs as Jordan fills her in on the particulars, feigning disinterest. However her face genuinely brightens at the mention of Raiders.

"Oh, didn't you just love Karen Allen in that movie? When I was little, I so wanted to grow up to be her."

Another warm chuckle from the young scholar.

"She is one of that handful of actresses who can be strong and feisty in a role, and not alienate male viewers. She could also raise a laugh when needed. Are you a movie buff?"

Kharn

Colin listens along as Shepard and Monica continue, putting an arm around her to remind him to watch himself. He stays silent, looking at the exhibit but ready to leave and get out of there. He was ready to leave and confer with Dizzy to set up this night hit.

"I guess it depends on the movie..."

Monica flashes a killer smile at Jordan before giving Colin a guilty look.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. You're probably bored, aren't you? Don't worry, we'll only stay a little while longer, I promise. It's Jordan, isn't it? I'm Monica. Well, thank you so much for giving us such personal attention. I'll look for you next time I visit. You've been really sweet."

Leading Colin away, Monica starts to walk along the outermost exhibits. After walking the perimeter, she will work her way inward in order to get a general feel for the layout of the FGM. Stopping every so often to seemingly admire relics and artifacts, she attempts to ascertain the general security of the museum... or more importantly, any chinks its armor.

Who Watches The Watchmen?

They were ready to browse on their own. Worse luck.

But Jordan smiled professionally. "It's been a pleasure. Enjoy the rest of your stay and be sure to visit the gift shop. Don't forget to pick up your letter opener at the information desk. Take care."

With that, and a breath of reluctance, he let them go, and returned to his research room.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

The Museum is fairly typical: cameras and motion sensors are in evidence, but the majority of security focuses on the individual exhibits -- whether that's paintings' frames, or statuettes' bases. There also seems to be significant effort and expense devoted to disaster planning, mainly fire. There's something odd, though...

Roll Wits + Inv -3
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

What's that funny little thing...?

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last