Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Its only lying if you get caught

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It's an easy hand-off, one Monica should, and has, made before. The girl certainly isn't paying attention. For some reason, though, Monica mis-times* it, and misses.

Roll Dex+Larceny -1 (unexpected failure) to recover and palm item vs. Jordan's Wits + Composure

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Better be slick

WTF

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Tie goes to the defender (Jordan)*, who spots the letter opener.

Resume

* Who's the Defender?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"Oops."Jordan said as he snatched the letter knife."Careful with that...would have set off every alarm in the place. We had a break-in not too long back, and we've been tightening security. You're smart to bring it out now...thanks."

A couple of steps took him back to the information desk. "Gina will hold it 'till you're ready to go home. Is it a souvenir?"

The young man seemed ready to go back to academic topics.

"The Mesopotamian exhibit starts over here on your left. I should tell you, my real specialty is rare books and manuscripts, but I should be able to answer most questions. Shall we start with the zigurrats?"

Kharn

Colin smiles at Shepard, trying to ease the situation a bit as he puts an arm around Monica. "I've always had an interest in book m'self." He says, and despite himself, its an obvious lie.

"I heard the exhibits here have changed around quite a bit, things getting moved around, if you dont mind showing us around, that'd be real nice of you sir." He says, hoping Monica can smooth him out and get the ball rolling a little better than he can.

Kharn

textbook liar Colin is not

"Yeah... for my sister."

Monica is relieved that the man seems willing to move on to other topics, but her mind is reeling, wondering how she flubbed such and easy job. Then Jordan mentions books and she is all business once more.

"Well, it would make sense for us to follow your lead. If your specialty is books, why don't you start us there, instead? Does the museum have any special collections?"

Jordan chuckled to himself, and worked very hard to keep his countenance with the two guests.

Clearly it's the woman who is the culture vulture. This poor guy probably came along kicking and screaming...such an obvious fib.

He answered Monica: "Several good collections. We've just recently done a rotation, and somewhere the Curator found an outstanding collection of children''s literature...Alice with the original Tenielle illustrations, first editions of T.H. White and C.S. Lewis; manuscript copies with margin notes from the authors. They're this way."

"Thank you."

Clasping Colin's hand, Monica follows the man, dragging her "boyfriend" along with her.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last