Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Its only lying if you get caught

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Kharn

Colin arrives to pick up Monica in his Charger, pulling up and flicking away the butt of his cigarette, lighting another while he waited for her to come outside. He wore a darker pair of washed jeans, the dark blue fading to a grey-blue, and a tight fitting black shirt with a pattern of skulls and wings on the upper back. His black snakeskin boots he wore before complete his look along with a leather wristband.

As he takes another draw from his cigarette, he checks the glovebox, making sure the .44 Magnum is sitting within. He checks under the seat to ensure the ammunition was there as well. He doubted he had any need for that kinda thing, today was going to be just routine scout and intell gathering.

He leaned his head back just slightly, finishing his cigarette, putting it out in the ashtray, and flicking the butt out the window. He looked at the clock just above the radio. 9:58, Monica should be out any minute now.

Monica steps out onto the street and walks right up to Colin. She looks stunning in a green skirt and blue halter. Her beige sandals have small silver ornaments that catch the light as she walks toward him. Snatching the cigarette from him, she takes a long drag and exhales before placing it back between his lips. He might notice a slight stain of red lipstick on it... or he might not.

"You know those things are gonna be the death of you..."

She moves around him to get into the Charger.

"Well? C'mon, let's go Ace."

Kharn

Colin grumbles something to the effect of "Too stubborn to let smokes kill me".

He cocks an eyebrow at Monica as she sits in the seat. "Lets get the show on the road." He says as he puts the car in gear and hits the gas, heading towards their destination. He doesn't show off, keeping at the speed limit or slightly above. He'd rather not risk any undue attention, not today. Once at the museum, he gets our, moving to her door and opening hers as well, waiting for her to hop out before locking the doors.

"Ready?" He asks, putting an arm out at an angle for her to lace hers in with his.

The Fillard Goldman Museum is just that, a museum. Loud, full of a cacophony of facts, dates, and questions as small tours move around. There's a reception area, a gift shop, and displays everywhere.

Just inside the doors are the pillars of a metal detector with one or two guards indifferently manning their post. Who in their sober senses would bring guns into the museum? Their greatest hope was to get home that night in time for dinner and American Idol.

Gina, the gum-chewing Cerberus at the reception desk, was consulting the Holy Schedule as Jordan Shepard emerged from one of the research rooms in the back. Jordan, today dressed in dark slacks, off-white shirt, maroon/grey silk tie and blue blazer with pewter buttons, was spending more time in the Museum after the passing of Starling and desertion by John Dee. Since he worked for himself, he was free to offer the Museum extra time as everything from project manager to docent.

As he arrived at Gina's station, he looked over at the couple coming through the doors and gave them a polite, though perhaps slightly faraway, smile.

Once her arm is entwined with Colin's, Monica starts looking for an easy mark as they walk toward the entrance. She looks for someone who appears unassuming and seems in any way hurried or distracted.

"...or not, here we go."

There's a sucker born every minute...

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Monica spots a strikingly pretty brunette, with an armful of papers and folders. She's got that Space Cadet expression, further reinforced by the Hello Kitty scrunchy smiling beatifically from atop a mane of dark curls. Whether it's her new --ok, new-ish-- Manolo Blahniks, or innate lack of grace, she seems only a footfall from toppling over.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Kharn

Colin spots the brunette shortly after Monica does. "I'll distract her." He whispers as he leads them a little closer. He undoes his arm from hers and steps deftly into her path bumping into her hoping to make her trip up.

"Oh excuse me, sorry bout that little lady." He says with a winner's smile and his country drawl tinted with his Scottish accent.

"No, no, it's rite all kite...quite all right." she replied as a couple of folders slipped to the floor and some stray sheets went sailing.

She pulled the MP3 bud from one ear and went diving, none too steadily, for the paperwork. The young man at the information desk walked over briskly to help.

"Phrym, are you all right?" asked the young man in a pleasant tenor.

"Yeah, Jordan, thanks. I was listening to that hot..."

"Never mind, Phrym, I wouldn't know them anyway." Jordan replied with a smile, then smiled apologetically at the couple. He had one of the folders.

"Oh, Christ, it's the manifest. Phrym, you'd better sprint...the Curator'll be spitting fire."

The pretty brunette nodded, grabbed the folder and took off...not forgetting to put the bud back in a shell-like ear.

Jordan turned to the couple politely. "I'm sorry your visit started with an adventure, folks. Welcome to the Goldman; I'm Jordan Shepard, can I point you somewhere?"

Monica grips the brunette by the elbow in order to steady her. She squeezes just enough to distract her from the feeling of the small metal letter opener being slipped between the files in her arm. Apologizing for her oafish boyfriend, she hides her smile as she watches the woman walk through the metal detectors. Looking at the man addressing them, she smiles as he asks to assist them.

"Could you point us toward the Mesopotamian exhibit? I hear it amazing."

Oops

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last