Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 78
DISPLAYED
Down to the Docks and Farther Still

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

Frank takes the assist from Kordecki once everyone else is out. The water's probably therapeutic or somethin'. There's all those other old geezers swimmin at the health club all the time. Once on solid ground, he proceeds to chew out the crew. "What the hell were you on about, going off on yer own, Patolli? You tryin' to give an old man a goddam heart attack?" He turns on Warren. "What the hell'd you go an' surface for? You didn't get that this," he mimics the same 'lookout' gesture from before, "means 'look for our goddam partner' before we go up?" The old man puts the flakes he found in Kordecki's hand with a simple "Here," then waddles off towards the vehicles in his flippers. "Christ Almighty!"

Kordecki looks away careful not to make eye contact with the three. Not being one for much social interaction, and having no desire to step into this love triangle, Kordecki eyes a near by convenience store and heads over there to get a baggy for this flakes.

It all seemed so perfect till they came out of the water. I guess I will check out my Rusty Flakes...theeiiir greeaatt!

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"I thought you were saying that you just found the boat," Warren replies, looking confused.

She hooks her forefingers together.

"This is the sign for 'buddy'," she adds brightly. Then she closes both hands and makes a dropping gesture. "And that's for 'lost'."

See? She's not stupid.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Vince gets about stowing the gear back into Jessica's car. "Whats that, some sort of girl scout thing?"

Was Jessica a Girl Scout? Doubtful.

Frank looks back at the hand signals demonstrated dully. Divers got their own language? How was he s'posed to know? He didn't even know what to call these damn stupid things floppin around on his feet. Flippers? Wet-shoes? Water moccasins? He pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs. Surely, in his short stint as a P.I., he had pissed off exactly the right people to get cast as Moe in this Three Stooges of a department. "Right, thanks," he says eventually, then unloads his gear and gets out of the wet clothes, drying himself with a towel, and puttin his normal clothes back on over his wet shorts. No one's gettin' a look at the Rizzo family jewels out here, not that any want one. "Kordecki, got anythin' good for us? Those flakes look like anythin' to you? I scraped 'em off the exterior of the boat. That'd be the...hull, or something?"

He tries to brighten himself up. He hadn't seen any dead bodies down there, and they hadn't added a new one. This was a promising start for the Department of Geo-whatever-they-gave-him-his-badge-an'-gun-back.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Duh," Jessica replies to Vincent, with the Eye Roll.

You know that whole look; the tone, the slight exasperated sigh, the cant of the chin when the eyes roll. All the cool girls do it in the seventh grade.

"It's Sign Language. I though you were smart, or something."

Jessica ties a towel around her waist and pulls on a t-shirt which looks like she once got for running a marathon. Or sleeping with a marathon runner.

Kordecki's chips look like dirty brownish-grey potato chips. They're brittle, and break easily. They remind the detective of ancient mufflers and piping he's seen that have rusted and broken down over decades of driving on winter-salted roads.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"I never made that claim. If you got that impression on your own." A wet towel flies through he air toward Hellen Keller. Origin, 'right hand- palm down, index to fore head, out and down. Fingers end pointing away.'

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

The crew decides to pack it up and head back to the office to continue this.
    (Feel free to start a new thread)

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8