Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Tess Tuh Fie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

And how exactly does Jack he know that Onion is disguised?
    Yeah, been wondering that myself.

Mighty convenient 'epiphany'.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Before starting, though, he texts Ruby about Rosh's thoughts: We think our Mark might be disguised, possibly like how Tug did.
    Rosh was the first one to say anything of the sort, and the wording in the text is supposed to indicate that he's humoring the possibility.

Jack's thinking that maybe something happened in Tug's encounter with Onions which Jack didn't think to ask about which would change the circumstances significantly. Was Tug suddenly surrounded by fans while talking w/ Onions, and Onions didn't want to be recognized after being seen with him? Or maybe Tug backfired at Onions because of his rudeness, utterly humiliating him?

Jack doesn't know what and hasn't actually thought deeply on how, but any number of things could have caused Onions to decide to mask himself, especially if he claims to not be a homeless guy when he looked like one. That's practically begging the phrase "looks can be deceiving". As a Fate-focused Acanthus, he's open to many possibilities, particularly since more of them can be opened with the right tweak.

Why, then, wouldn't they share intel if they thought it was pertinent in helping find him, no matter the chances?

Sure. Blame the Libertine. :P

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Oh, I wasn't excluding Khalvin, no worries.

But, just to clarify: at what point did Onions become a Mage again, exactly?
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

He's supposed to be the self-titled "guardian of the Ley", isn't he? At least, that's how Jack got led to him.
    • Jack is recounted to about how Theo and some other Stones encountered a loon while he was mapping the Ley.
    • At the Museum, Armstrong says that there was some homeless-looking guy who likes to hang out by the Bridge that Theo, she and some other Stones encountered.
    • Orphan confirms encountering a guy by the same physical description before Getting a Call™.
    Granted, I'm just now consciously remembering this connection, but even then, the original intent behind the text was to "keep your minds open to the possibilities". We are, after all, trying to get a hold of someone who's supposed to help us with a magical matter, and a powerful and dangerous matter at that.

My question is how he became a Thrysus. He was spotted throwing celestial fire at people.

All I sugested was maby he is disguised with a spell

QuoteQuote:
    "What if our mark is wearing a mask, like Tug's?"
    So. I started what ever we are upset about. I'll take the blame.

I don't think Ruby relayed that bit to Jack in her description, but maybe I'm just not remembering the detail... Either way, it's a chance within a chance, which is what the text was supposed to signify while still staying ambiguous in case of eavesdroppers.

Ruby didn't tell Jack that. I just figured that as long as we're meta-ing...

Dude, Sphen. Khal's got the right idea. The answer is, oh shoot, we meta'd a little bit. Our bad. We'll try not to do that in the future.

Not a huge deal, just own up to it and move on.

I will defend the assumption that Onions is a mage though. That's how he's been described by Animus, Tug, and several others.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'm just f*ing with you all.

He threw C-Fire at Armstrong before he tried to use her leg for beef jerky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread