Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Lunch In The Park

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Charlie sits on a bench reading a Better Homes and Gardens magazine and eating a tunafish sandwitch. Her eyes skim an article on decorating your home in a designer furnature style but without spending the outragieous amount of money designer furnature would cost. How some women can even read this drivel and take it seriously, Charlie can't imagine.

She glances up as she takes a bite of her sandwitch and watches the man three benches down from her. He too is sitting and having a quiet lunch in the park. He is wearing a dark blue pin striped business suit and a white shirt with a tie two shades lighter then the jacket. He had left his office, walked down the street to the hot dog stand, bought a hot dog with all the fixings, and carried it to the park. Now he seems to be trying to figure out how to eat the hot dog without getting it all over his suit. Should have remembered to grab napkins back at the stand but not all business types have the luxury of common sense.

Her interest is in the briefcase sitting on the ground near his feet. She'd gotten a call two days ago to collect the briefcase and drop it off at another location. There she would pick up her fee for the job and maybe actually be able to pay next months rent. It is a small job and entirely beneath her level of skill but the person who wanted the case is willing to pay a lot of money for it, so why not?

The tunafish sandwitch isn't too bad for being bought at the same hot dog stand. She was pleased to learn they sold more then just the links of condensed mystery meat. Charlie is not a fan of hot dogs.

She'd followed the man for the last day or so, learning his habits, his lunch schedule, and his route in and out of the park. How anyone could possibly eat the same type of hot dog everyday is beyond her but whatever creams his twinkie.

She sets the magazine aside and wipes her hands off with a napkin. Standing, she picks up another briefcase identical to the man's, tosses the wrapper of the sandwitch and the magazine in the trash and makes for the man's bench. Her blue skirt suit is about a shade or two lighter then the man's tie and the skirt is about two inches shorter then it probably should be but it was designed to get the male sex's attention when in the office. Most of the time it worked.

She walks past the man's bench and makes her way around the corner, stopping as if to fix one of her heels. She lifts up her leg behind her and looks back down at the heel as if there is something wrong with it. She frowns and her eyes flick back up to the nearest bench where Mr. Hot Dog sits still fighting with his food. She takes off the shoe, bending the heel backwards as she does so and makes her way slightly limping toward the bench.

"I'm so sorry, can I borrow this side of the bench? I seem to have broken my heel." She holds up the offending shoe with an apologetic smile.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

G
    Grey_Devil

The Crown Vic pulled up to one of the many parking areas adjacent to the park, the two hour limit for parking sign emblazoned just above the car as it came to a full stop, a gentle reminder that people should have fun, but not too much fun within the confines of the park.

As the group exited the Crown Vic , Nigel slid a nice pair of Oakley shades out of his pocket. The sunglasses were covered in a small black velvet bag, which he quickly removed before placing them perfectly on his face.

“So I would just like to point out that the Benz would have been a better ride then a Vic and honestly less conspicuous to the young lady. She is totally going to think we are feds.”

Nigel gazed along the breath of the park, looking for signs of the girl in question. “What’s the play Monica? And any clue what the mark is doing here at the park?”

On the drive over, Dizzy had kept to all the speed limits and stop signs. Now wasn't the time to show what he could do and so the drive had literally been nothing more than a lunchtime cruise. Arrving at the park, and Dizzy took note of the two hour time limit, checking his watch before following Monica and Nigel.

"Maybe, but then we'd be going into this thing having to keep an ear open for cops lookin' for a hot Benz," Dizzy pointed out.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Dabs of relish, ketchup, and onions litter the man jacket -- the fury of a hot dog scorned, and silent testimony to stolen glances at various parts of Charlie's anatomy as she went through her routine.

"Sure," he replies, in that I'm trying to play this cool way that middle aged men drowning in silent desperation have.

As if in slow motion, the hand holding the hotdog gestures, flinging more relish and mustard onto the bench.

"Oh jesus, I'm sorry," he says, jumping up. The desperation seeps out in rivulets of sweat as he sees His One Big And Probably Final Chance At Any Sort Of Happiness If Even Only For A Few Minutes slipping away.

The jacket comes off, flung atop the detritus of the hot dog, and he stands there looking at Charlie with a hopeful smile.

Her Knight In Shining Armor.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Charlie shies away from the mess but gives the man a small smile. She stands suddenly and reaches for her briefcase while the man tries to get things cleaned up. She sets the briefcase down next to his as she steps aside to let the man move, holding her broken shoe in the other hand.

"Oh goodness, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to make you lose half your toppings. I know a good hot dog when I see one and that one must be delightful. Here," she pulls some extra napkins out of her pocket and hands a few to him, "let me help."

Stepping forward, she places the forgotten shoe on the bench and begins to apply the napkins to his jacket and shirt. "These things can be horribly messy if you're not careful."

After a few more minutes of careful wipping, trying not to smear, and picking off of other toppings, Charlie steps back with a bright smile. "There you go. Much better."

She looks down at her shoe then and sighs. "Well I guess there is no fixing it now. I'll just have to get my spare set out of my car." She picks up his briefcase, making sure to nudge her identical one in the proper place to complete the switch and steps back. "Well thank you so much for letting me borrow the bench. I hope you have a pleasent lunch sir."

With another bright smile his way, she turns and makes her way back toward the parkinglot. She uses the heel of the broken shoe to put a scratch on the side of the briefcase as she makes the motions of juggling the two, while trying to get a better grip on both, before she continues her walk toward her waiting car.

Monica gives Dizzy a swift thank you look.

At least one of them has a brain...

"She's here to meet us. She just doesn't realize it yet. Wallis hired her to pull a job in this park... ah, here she comes now."

Monica casually walks toward Charlie as the other woman makes her way back to her car.

"Broken heel? That sucks. Maybe I can help."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Are you sure you don't need me to get you a cab? Or give a ride?" the man asks.

Oh god he's tryyyyyyying.

Carpe diem, and all that.

The hits keep coming as Monica approaches. There's two of them.

Whether or not this Epic Fantasy culminates in the ultimate Letter to Penthouse is still up for grabs, but there's definitely 'me time' material for years to come. *ahem*

Just as he's getting ready to say something incredibly witty and engaging, something he has yet to think of, his eyes land on the briefcase Charlie's holding.

Damn, that looks familiar.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Charlie gives mMonica a smile that clearly states she isn't interested in any help. "Oh thanks. Yeah it does. I must have broken it on the sidewalk over there." She gestures behind her and takes a quick look. Yeah, he's still following her. Shit.

"I have a spare set of pumps in my car and-" she looks at her watch, "crap, I need to get back to work soon too. Lunch is only so long."

She gives the man behind her another engaging smile. "Oh no really, I am great thank you for all the help sir. I really need to get back to work though. Thanks again."

She brushes past both of them intently making her way toward the parkinglot.

Looking pointedly at the man's jacket, Monica smiles sweetly.

"Um, you have a little ketchup there... on your jacket."

Turning back, she watches Charlie walk to her car. Catching Dizzy's eye, she looks at him, then the Vic, then Charlie, then back at him.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

There's a moment, where Monica has him, distracted with his shirt and her attention.

Then, she turns to look at Charlie, and so does he, and it's gone.

"Hey! Miss? Miss! Can I see that briefcase?" he calls out, jogging after Charlie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last