Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Lunch Break

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Walking down a line, she stops at one, wrenching the handle down and swinging the door open.

Inside is a cheap folding table, an AC unit, and some folding chairs. There's a man sitting at the table, playing with an iPad.

"All good?"
    he asks. "I can't get shit for wireless inside this fucking metal box," he continues, waving the iPad.

Kaeda nods, and takes a seat. She makes a 'gimme' gesture with her hand.

An envelope is slid over to her, sealed, about a 1/4 thick.

Another is slid over to the empty chair, presumably for Dizzy. It's thinner.

"Dizzy, right? I'm Harry."

Kaeda flaps the envelope, giving Harry a disgusted look.

He shrugs, and holds out his hands defensively. "Fucking port authority bribes killed us, what do you want?"

A small dog barks. Enough bullshit.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Dizzy follows Kaeda into the container and immediately feels the AC unit, glad for the coolness after what has just gone down. It was always strange when boosting, Dizzy wouldn't feel anything untoward until after the fact.

I suppose we all got our drugs, he thought, giving the young Asian girl a look as she took the envelope in disgust. Dizzy didn't check the insides, simply pocketing his in one go. Didn't really want to go upsetting anyone quite yet.

"Nice to meet you Harry," Dizzy says with a flourishing smile. He was never sure whether handshaking was a good gesture in this business. Some people could be overly paranoid about being on CSI: Another City Alltogether.

"I assume it wasn't you that left the note in the Vanquish. No offence, but you don't look the hearts-as-dots kinda guy."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"What? I can't be the sensitive type? It's my hairline, isn't it?" Harry prattles.

"Anyway, girlfriend is quitting on us, and we need a wheelman. We don't always do this," he said, waving around, "But the Aston's owner pissed off Christine."

"She's the one that does the heart-things."
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"Sounds like a deal to me, valet parking just ain't my thing."

Sorry Mama.

"So, not to stick my nose in, but why're you quitting?" he asks to Kaeda, always interested in the competition.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Kaeda gives Dizzy that sidelong look that begs the question whether or not he really thinks she's going to answer. Besides...

She's a girl. She doesn't need a reason.

She does, however, take that as her cue to leave, flouncing out of the cargo container like it's... a cargo container.

"Riiiiight,"
    Harry says.

He produces a card from his pocket:

WALLIS ENGINEERING
    H. HARRY HEURDON
    555-555-5555
    Wells Fargo Tower
    Suite 1301

He watches as Dizzy reads the card, waiting to see if he gets the joke.

"Be there tomorrow at 11, we'll talk about the next job,"
    he says, also getting up and walking out.

There's a wrenching noise as he opens the container next to them. Inside are two motorcycles.

Which is great, since Kaeda and the CCX are gone.

"Want to buy a motorcycle?" Harry asks with a grin, eying the envelope.

In the corner, behind the bikes, is a silver freezer-looking box, marked BIOLOGICAL WASTE.

Apparently Harry's a guy that likes to be prepared.

Dizzy watches as Kaeda leaves and simply shrugs. Taking the card, he reads it over before smirking.

"Nice."

He then looks at the bike, and glances to the container.

"Has it got a full service history by any chance? One previous, careful owner, that kinda thing?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Yeah," Harry barks, laughing. "One owner. The truck it fell offa."

On closer inspection it does still have the vinyl wrap the factory covers the glass and fairings in for transportation.

Dizzy slides the envelope back towards Harry with a smile.

"Sounds good, my man. Nice doing business with ya."

With a single hand, Dizzy runs his hand down the side of the bike, checking it out. It certainly was pretty. He then proceeds to remove the vinyl wrap.

"Just like Christmas," he remarks with a laugh.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

"Seeya mañana," Harry says, unwrapping his bike and waiting for Dizzy to leave before taking off.

"Yeah, 'til next time." Dizzy starts the bike with a roar and shoots off out of the container to head back home. Lunch break was apparently over.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3