Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Damn Kids

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I love the subtlety of Dirge's Humanity loss; thumbs up.

Dirge wordlessly shook her head no in agreement when he asked her about her vision. Still stunned she let him grab her hands and place them on his face. Then as she explored his features recognition dawned on her face and she accepted the man was who he said he was.

When he moves in closer she allows him to take her up in his arms and after several awkward seconds she gently returned his embrace. "I'm sorry daddy," was all that she could get out after his revelation. She never thought that her absence or death would effect her parents so profoundly.

But even as she began to remember old feelings toward her father and mother, in the back of her mind, she recognized the value of the hardship they had been through. He had been through hell these past five years, yet it made him stronger for it. The man had rallied a group of loyal followers all to help him find his baby girl. Had she not been under the orders she was and had the city's homeless not been such a threat to her and her friends she would be far more proud of him.

Tribulation brings enlightenment father.

She silently listened as he continued his story and was surprised that her father had resorted to such extreme methods to find her. As he explained what he did to her sire her face didn't show any of what she might be feeling, her self preservation kicking in. Instead her thoughts turned to her coven back in San Francisco and of her sire. The long nights that all of them filled the tunnels beneath the city with music and song. How many of her family had her father murdered? How much knowledge was lost there and here in Sacramento? Hiding her growing fury she faced him for some time trying to think of the right words to say.

"Dad. I'm sorry that things turned out this way. I'm grateful for all that you and mom have done in raising me and the love you showed me. I'll always love you as well. But, I've got a new life here in Sacramento, and all of this," she said with a sweeping gesture to those gathered here. "Is making it difficult. Things have been going well for me and I have learned to live with my blindness and accept it." Dirge paused for some time before asking him, "What exactly are you looking for?"
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

nice job, Yog

<<"How many of her family had her father murdered?">>

Great line

+ Reply to Thread