Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Pecking Order

Others have noted Heathcliff's wonderful dressing down of a neonate for not (as Heath sees it, anyhow) doing more to prevent or cover up a potential Masquerade breach, and rightfully so. I really like the response skarecrow36 did for Michael, though.

The lecture the Seneschal gives Michael burns him inside.

Failing to use my brain indeed. If I really failed to use my brain I'd be in the back of a police car right now getting taken to the station while you and you're "knight" are out here playing with worms. This is the last time I try to make up for a mistake of missing a formal gathering. Shit, they'd probably never have known had I not said anything. If I ever see Taylor Mccoy I'm going to trap him in his little blood jacuzzi and blow up the basement with him inside.

"Tell me what I need to do sir." he says calmly, deciding to save his venting for the next time he sees Daniel.

A lot of people don't like the power games, jockeying for status and so forth that constitute Kindred society. That's fine, it's not to everyone's taste, and there are lots of legitimate ways to play VtR. That said, the dominance games and politics are an essential aspect of a society of predators, and it's nice to see how that is being played out in the thread, by Pia, Heathcliff and Michael. The difference between Michael's internal and external reactions to his being low man on the totem pole was quite striking.

I also enjoyed Michael thinking about blowing up the basement Good job, skarecrow.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I loved it as well. Reminded me of every time Asa dealt with Freddrick
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Thanks guys i appreciate the kudos. I too agree with the politics of VtR in terms of dominance and power and so I like Heathcliff's calm yet somewhat condescending tone he gives Michael. At the same time, Michael's history with power and political games stretches back to his mortal history and while they infuriate him to no end he understands the importance of maintaining face. I just like the idea of him on the verge of blowing a vessel but calmly asking what needs to be done.

an Frac, if we did blow the basement it'd be interesting to see just how many houses got showered with blood from the hot tub downstairs

Vauban

Ooooh, that's one hell of a entertaining metal image :P

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I've enjoyed reading Michael more and more. I find the character really interesting because he's playing out a game that he probably had to play in his Mortal life, as well; a very strict contrast to Arnold Culler.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

I agree. Really, I like Michael and Charlie both, quite a bit. Keep up the good work, skarecrow.

+ Reply to Thread