Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

FI: Under the Table

THREADID
Dec 16, 2022 : Forten's Illusion: Lottie to Talk About
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Well-dressed guy from Rapture runs a non-profit out of a place called Folsom for homeless; I think he and Fort are in cahoots. Got an entourage (3M, 1F). How soon can we get Fort invest docs prepped for outside eyes? Got an inside source who wants to help but she needs names of victims and the number of murders.

Jennifer Hazelton

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Liam looks for Conner around the Moore House. Liam offers Conner an expensive envelope with a wax seal in emerald green. The seal is Jennifer’s personal seal of a quill pen writing on a scroll.
    Whip Wells,
    Could I have a description of the well-dressed man? There has been a man described as – I quote
    "Forten is a gentleman. He dresses in tailored suits and expensive accessories, such as his many watches and a few top hats. He favors jewel tones.
    "He has a slight Parisian accent that just makes his exotic looks come off as more dreamy. His skin can be described as cafe au lait for people who need to treat us people of color like food shades.
    His eyes are ice - blue and he has fine features. He is about six feet tall. He is lean, not very muscular."
    I was curious about what you saw when you followed someone at the Club on our outing. I have meant to tell you to be cautious in this investigation. I have noticed that the VIP body guard’s aura suggested that he is a magic user.
    Is this document that you wish to prepare for your cousin, Madame Hamura? What do you require of me?
    You have the transcript of the questioning with the captive. Priscus Baker was present for that questioning.
    I would be curious about any information that you have uncovered.
    Priscus Jennifer Hazelton, Lady Notary of the First Estate
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Conner looks over the letter, and quickly pens a response for Liam to deliver back. Thankful for the predictably quick and dutiful nature of ghouls.

​The man's name is Maschio. He's fairly young; 20's-30's with dark hair and well-tailored clothes. Based off of these details, I think we're either looking at Forten using an alias, or possibly a body double if he's well-informed and paranoid. This was the same gentleman I saw at Rapture; I attempted to observe him to better scrutinize his nature, but his bodyguard deterred me.
    Regrettably, I believe Ms. Hamura is no longer within the Domain. The informant is a woman named Lottie; late 20's, lawyer, very observant. She's curious of the supernatural and works with Maschio at this non-profit run out of Folsom. Provides homeless people with job opportunities and free meals. My suspicion is that this is a way of luring easy prey to him, or to possibly lure out some third-party predator that is leaving these false bodies. Lottie's aura isn't fully human, but I have yet to discern the exact nature. She believes Maschio to be well-intentioned, but I've convinced her that he may be unwittingly putting people in danger.
    With your permission then, I'd like to provide Lottie with just enough information to be useful to us for this investigation. Use her as an inside source to investigate this Maschio, who may very well be Forten in disguise. I believe that if we're careful, we can cultivate a valuable resource for the Domain.
    Please let me know if you have any wisdom to add to this scheme.
    Conner Wells, Whip of Clan Mekhet, Pastor of the Lancea Sanctum

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Liam seeks out Conner with a sealed envelope, bearing Jennifer's personal seal in emerald green wax.

Whip Wells,
    It is quite possible you have laid eyes on Forten - which will be invalulable in locating him. I believe that the description matches what the captive has given the investigators.
    I have a concern - the woman works with Maschio and the thought is to give her information about the crimes we believe Maschio to have committed?
    You have the information that I compiled in Information Packet #1 that was shown when the new investigators were brought into the investigation.
    I draw your attention to section 3:
    QuoteQuote:
    I observed a woman who I presume to be the ghoul that Angela later informs the investigators of investigating the site of the abduction. She gives her name as Lottie to someone who she spoke with.
    You may well have a carrot that Lottie needs. Her regnant is currently in our custody. It is certain that she us unaware of your nature?
    Priscus Baker could be sought out for his opinion as he was present when I interrogated the captive. Have you worked with him on this investigation? It is possible that you could format into a Masquerade safe option. I emphasize to error on the side of caution. Your idea of discreetly interrogating her could have legs. Yet we are unsure of the abilities of these magic users - and the man we presume is Forten employs a magic user as his body guard.
    I advise appraising the Reeve of these events and the new information. I remain availiable to advise.

May you be well until we meet again,
    Priscus Jennifer Hazelton, Lady Notary of the First Estate
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

5. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Conner pens a response and hands it to Liam posthaste...

I'm glad that my avenues are bearing fruit. Thank you for the confirmation.
    Lottie has shown no signs of awareness of my Kindred self. And I intend to be the soul of discretion here to maintain that. If she is working closely with Forten/Maschio, then I may also doctor the information to discern how strong her allegiance is.
    I'll contact Reeve Kingsley and Priscus Baker right away so that we can profit from this. My thanks for your input and continued assistance.

Sincerely,
    Conner Wells, Mekhet Whip, Pastor of the Lancea Sanctum

Conner preps another communication for his fellow investigators. If his instincts are right here, they'll have to move quickly to capitalize on it...

I'll prep a Comm Scene soon to get a meeting set up. Thanks for the Comm Scene!

Closed Thread