DISPLAYED
Announcement

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Hate to ask but think I have to:

Any news on whats happening at this point?

2. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

I can say we officially have the static IP installed in our house. Things are still moving towards us taking over the forums So worry not!

Twist Scenes

Hate to ask but think I have to:

Any news on whats happening at this point?
    Hello!

I'm sorry up to this point I've been a bit of a lurker on the forums, but I wanted to be as sure as humanly possible that things were going to progress in a positive direction before introducing myself or providing an update. I'm Orianna's husband, and where I do have background in Computer Programming and networking actual web hosting is a bit of a new venture for me. I've been working with West to fill in the gaps and make sure we have everything we need to progress with taking over the site.

The good news is that at this point in time it looks like everything hardware-wise is ready to go for the site transfer.

The bad news is that the forums need to be offline for a little bit while the ownership of the domain and the software bit is completed. The software side is the one wildcard in this whole deal. West has poured a lot of time and energy in making the site what it is today and it is to the point (as he mentioned in his original post) that the versions are very dated and heavily customized, and attempting to recreate this database in it's current form is just short of impossible. That being said, we have two plans we're going to give a shot that should result in the least downtime as possible. We plan to do all of the transfer concurrently so there should only be one period of downtime that should hopefully be no longer than a week.

Either West or myself will keep you updated as we approach the downtime week so you can wrap up scenes as needed. I should also be able to keep you posted during that time via Discord, so if you haven't made the leap yet in there please take the time to join there so there is a way for me to provide updates.

In the meanwhile, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

0 Scenes

Thank you West for this amazing community and the years of support and love you've poured in it. And thank you Youngblood and Orianna for taking over.
    Cheers!

6. Likes Origins liked this post

Thank you so much west West for all you have and continue to do. And indeed extra thanks to Youngblood and Orianna for assuming direct control.

8. Likes West, , Cayce, liked this post

Incredibly grateful the site is being kept alive! Thank you thank you thank you!

Twist Scenes

Hi everyone!

As fate would have it, time has flown a bit and I'm not able to give you as much notice as I had originally wanted. At this time, we are tentatively planning for the site to be down starting Friday, May 25th sometime in the morningish. You can spend the next couple of days either wrapping up your threads or copying whatever information you'd like to have so you can continue writing up your next posts while the site is offline. Keep in mind that where the site may be up for some of the morning on Friday, anything you add is not guaranteed to be there when the site comes back up.

When the site comes back up is a bit of a wild card. Depending on how long it takes for the domain transfer to take place and for the site configuration to be rerouted to the new server we can be looking as early as mid next week or ideally as late as the first week of June.

As with all things, this transfer carries varying degrees of risk. We're attempting to put several redundancies in place to avoid a complete failure in the transition. Even though this is relatively low risk it can still happen and if it does the site may never come back up. I would encourage you to save what is near and dear to you during the next couple of days in a worst case scenario.

I'll provide updates when appropriate via the discord server. Please let me know if you have any questions!

11. Likes West, Deltaomega, Cayce, , Kelreth liked this post

Vauban

Just as a quick reminder to people: If you want to stay in contact with other players and get word from others when the site comes back online (Assuming nothing bad happens, though that seems unlikely) you should join the Discord group while you still can. Link is in the sidebar to the right.

Also while I am here, thanks again West for keeping the site running for so long and tinkering with it for everyones benifit.

And thank you Orianna and Youngeblood for taking over and keeping this game going.

13. Likes West, Kelreth, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    S
    Selena

I'm in contact with a few players. It will just be up to all of us to keep an eye on things until they are back up and running. I will notify who I can, and I hope the rest of you do the same.

As for Eternal Court, I think we best keep that one 'open' for now since it's new and we have some newer players. If that's cool with you Orianna and Yumyumcrow .

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Just a small reminder that the site will be going down tomorrow morning. After that, the hard drive will be in transit a few days and brought back online. Please do not scream about the site being 'down' tomorrow or the days following
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

16. Likes Youngblood, Kelreth, Orianna liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
+ Reply to Thread