Ended
Watch

(Crocker Art Mueseum) Death by Mozart

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    P
    Peter Byrne

"The idea that she has resigned herself to the creative demands of her father's and her father's friend's muse does not inspire me with any positive feeling. In that case what is the difference between Miss Weir and a particularly lifelike mannequin?" Peter asks.

"That isn't impossible to believe," Peter says, once the man with the faux-hawk and eye lashes expresses his scenario, "so we take this portrait as a kind of silent gesture towards Miss Weir, an expression of his desire. Hassam, fifty at the time, approaches a woman much younger than he is, who is the daughter of a dear friend and contemporary in the artistic world. He's known your father for what? Nineteen, twenty years by now? He asks to paint your portrait, and then he turns you into a Symbol." If you had a pile of wood as dry as his tone, you could burn a witch on it. "It..." makes my skin crawl, he thinks. "Seems predatory."

Hm. He might be projecting.

"I'm Peter," he says, introducing himself to the two men.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Ryan gives purple skirt another once over, "You have like, impeccable taste. And like luck then." rasp drawls and hazels find those sapphires. "Are those like real too? They have to be like color contacts. I was thinking of getting myself some, since these are like, plain and I just want something that pops." a little truth thrown in for spice.

Fingers lightly touch the ends of the blue wig.

"I did it for Halloween once, and it was just amazing. You'd be surprised at how you feel when you just do something crazy like that." the hand drops, "I'm actually thinking of changing it up again. Like longer, and maybe platinum. But if I do that, I'd need to have those pop-y eyes, yeah." a nod. "Maybe do them in blue. With the white-blond. That'd be fun."

Shifting her weight (because holy fuck do these shoes hurt! why dose ryan have to wear them?!) "So what brings you here? Meeting someone or...?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

3. Likes West liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!, Break Grapple

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A genuine look of surprise appears on her face, she blinks a few times, “My eyes?” she asks before smirking with a chuckle, which had a musical sound to it, “What makes you think they’re fake?” she asks with a playful tone. “But yeah, they’re real, I’ve always had ‘em.” Kinda true, her eyes had always been blue. But her Keeper had enhanced the color over time. “But I’d say go for the contacts. Could even really add a surprise and wear different colored ones. That’d really get people’s attention. I’ve personally always liked green, such an uncommon color.” And more often seen in redheads.

Smirking, “I’d have to find a wig I liked, and even then, I’m not sure.” Plus, it might clash with her gilded skin. “But platinum? That’d be quite the striking look with blue eyes. Though why not red? Red heads are a little more rare these days, and the range of red that there is makes possibilities endless. I bet you could pull off being a red head.” She had the spunk that was for sure.

Taking a sip of water, “Networking mostly. Only been in town a couple months and looking to make some connections. And figured I hadn’t been to a gallery in years, so why not? What about you?” toss the ball back in her court.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

5. Likes , West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella makes a study of the other men.

"Frederick," he offers.

He turns back to the painting.

"Predatory...? Hmm. Well. Yes, I admit there is that. Bold. Daring. Especially if her father didn't know. After all her father was quite a supporter of the artist as I recall. He was at the height of his powers, though. The artist. Hubris, perhaps? Thought he could get away with it under her father's nose?"

Campanella chatted away without the slightest pause. Denial at his own hubris most recently observed, perhaps. Or maybe his tainted perceptions had left quite a different impression on his memories. Memories being malleable and easy to shape and reconfigure.

"What a delicious story in any case."

He turned slightly towards Peter. "Have any other works caught your eye?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

There's probably some sort of deep statement to be made about a Mystagogue looking at the medium and history of the subject and a Guardian looking at the meaning and intent...

...but Lance doesn't care about things like that*.

"Laaaance."
    Long fingers fluttered a wave at Peter and 'Frederick'.

"Is it predatory? Maybe it wasn't an overture, but an ongoing secret that Miss Weir was complicit in. Why, for all we know she was a Lolita and maybe even muse for Childe." The thought of beginning a Labyrinth with this expo made him giggle. "But, you're right, Frederick. It's just a story."

"Personally, I find all the photographic work far more interesting. To take an absolute and try to convey a message simply by framing and perspective. Fascinating!"

Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes liked this post
    P
    Peter Byrne

The mention of Lolita draws out a frown of disgust from Peter, but he says nothing. Instead, he turns fully towards the other parts of the trio as the topic moves from one piece to pieces in general.

"I find," Peter gestures in the direction of another painting, "Norwegian Coast by Moonlight to be compelling. A dark night, where a break in the clouds illuminates the violent surf crashing against a rocky shore with only a distant beacon to guide travelers to safety? It's almost comforting, in it's own way, to see that kind of bleakness expressed. Being able to recognize it and give it a image, instead of leaving it undefined."

As Lance goes on about the virtues of artistic photography, Peter considered the concept. "You make it sound like a challenge in minimalism?" It's a statement, but it has the uptick of a question at the end, an encouragement to continue.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"They are like super fucking blue." in her drawled dud voice. "I didn't think it was possible without help." either contacts or magic. Fisher went all blond white bitch, so eyes shouldn't be any different. Costly and maybe a stupid waste of mana when you could get contacts. But possibilities. "Oh! Yes! Green. I mean, I always wished my eyes had more green, and less everything else. Since. Yeah. Wow."

Pulling away, champagne flute points at the skirt, "You could do purple. You're like, rocking it now." Ryan takes another sip of her bubbly. "I know right? Like I just want that, wow oh my god. Fucking hot. But red? I hadn't thought red. Like ginger, or firetruck. Whatever. Think it would work with my complexion?" Her basic white Ryan's getting nice and polished. Star's probably having more fun then she is.

"Ahhhh." the sound's drawn out until the gravely rasp dies a slow death, "Well, if you're like arty and want like those sorts of connections, instead of just, you know meeting people. I like heard, through the grapevine, that that guy over there. In the blue suit and the red tie. He's like an art dude, like deals or something." Ryan shrugs, even as Tuesday's trying to get Campy some business. "Oh? Me? I'm not here for anything super important. Well, I heard about the ceramic pieces, and I just had to come check them out. I mean, have you seen some of the ta-tas on some of them?" Ryan lets out a naughty little giggle.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    K
    Katsuro Tomori

The short Japanese man entered the gala excitedly. He hadn't really had a chance to get to much of the art district, what with the work he's been trying to get done at the chapter house and adjusting to the constant American-ness of his world now. Culture shock, in a phrase. He decided to take a night for himself, and he heard of an exhibit going on at night with a focus on his homeland at least in part.

He had just arrived, when he spotted a familiar face across the way. Mr. Byrne, giving a talk on the pieces on display tonight. Had he organized all this? Either way, it was impressive.

Katsuro made sure to cross the familiar faces line of sight and offer a smile and nod before heading over to the thing that lured him here to begin with. The Japanese exhibits. His eyes strayed ever so slightly disgustedly across the gallery of shots from the internment camps, glad to see that such an horrific thing was not forgotten, despite the white washing the US had given itself over the decades. Granted, he couldn't really say much for his own nation. They had committed their own atrocious acts and for their vast efforts as an empire their reward Japan had the masculinity bombed right out of them. Katsuro watched as a warrior culture the likes of which had not been seen in his homeland rose up like the great Samurai of old to do amazing acts of war, and now? Sushi...which was alright. What else? Hello Kitty, strange cartoons, and giant robots were what Japan was conjuring in the minds of most high-school and college age americans, according to the internet. Everyone knows it was never wrong.

Yes, undoubtely Katsuro had a slightly odd view of his homeland. His thoughts perhaps showed here and there across his face as he went from picture to picture. He was glad for the information on display about his home country. It was a vast place for such a small island country, with a long and deep history. Perhaps one day he would exist long enough to see it turned right again.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!, Break Grapple

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Another laugh, “Guess I just got lucky then. Blue eyes run in my family, so I guess I haven’t really thought about it. Though I used to want to dull the color when I was younger,” a shrug, “But think I’ve grown comfortable with them and the questions they cause.” And what could she say, she loved the attention they got her.

“You should do it then! Get some vibrant green ones and have fun!” was her reasons a desire to stand out, or did she want attention? “Did you know they even have some that cause, like, a sparkle? They look pretty awesome. And I bet they would freak people out.” Fun times!

She glances at her skirt, a thoughtful expression on her face, “It might be fun. But I would defiantly go about it with a wig. Might be hard to get work if my hair is a funky color.” And she wasn’t sure what Sasha would think of it. Might not be the look she wanted for the club. “Why not do an Ombre look with red? Either a lighter shade getting darker towards the ends…or vise versa. Get both colors in and have a fun style.” Work with her complexion? Oh, she means could she wear red without it washing her out. “Hmm,” a slender finger was pressed against her lips as she studies Ryan, “I don’t see why you couldn’t. And would it really make a huge difference if it didn’t? I mean, come on. If you have the guts to rock the blue, have the guts to try the red. Who the hell cares if it doesn’t fit a complexion? People are going to be looking at the hair color and not your complexion.” People worried too much what others thought.

Her eyes look to where Ryan indicates, “Oh.” And then laughs again, “Not art type connections. Usually people at these type of events have connection in other artsy things. Like maybe someone knows someone who is looking for a singer for an event coming up. Stuff like that. See, I’m a singer.” Though she was sure Ryan could probably careless about her profession. “But I do enjoy art and the deep conversations it inspires.” At the mention of the ceramic piece and their boobs, a sly smirk appears, “Oh, well it’s hard to miss them. Makes you wonder though, were they that perfect and perky on the model or inspiration? Or did the artist take some, uh, liberties when sculpting. Personally, I’d be a little pissed if an artist decided to alter my chest.” She giggled as well, and while it had a naughty tone to it, it still had the musical note as well.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Its a fine work," Campanella commented, following Peter's gesture.

Taking the opportunity, he moves over to the painting for a closer look. "A gothic ambience. Cleverly drawn drama. Its more than just simple bleakness. See? In the foreground. A ship has been wrecked and is being washed to shore. The sea churns... Wonderful illusion of motion. And see how the birds seem to ride effortless on the winds. Superb contrast."

He looked on the work admiringly.

"Do you have an eye for this sort of thing or was did this painting simply grab your attention?"

He turned back to the others, half a smile forming on his lips.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.