Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Man In Black I

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Thank ye kindly." says the unicorn with a faux-twang and a tip of her imaginary hat as another card makes it's way into her possession.

That's a first. Most people ask why she steals, but not why she steals. They'er to focused on her always positive results, and impeccable timing to try and talk her into focusing on something other then her thief-craft.

Another sip or several.

"Acquiring something, shifting it's ownership from them to you...that heady rush of a job well done. That's why I do it. It's not about money, or fame. I do it because I'm good at it, and if I can find something that's an actual challenge...all the better."

Simple as that. And also why she hadn't tried to learn Matter.

"Same question. What got you into the provision of beneficial shinnies? And what's gotten you to stay as a merchant to these fine folks."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

For a moment it looked like the big guy might go looking for pen and paper. Then he settled, blinked, and started talking:

"Well. Yeah. OK. This corporate guy I'm after? He has a lot of interests, yeah? He's into real estate, entertainment. Uh... Whatever else he can get his claws into, yeah? Now he's already bought the land left by an old hotel... And he's a Big Deal with this theme park they're restoring at the edge of town. So far... So good? But I hears talk - good talk, yeah? Its out there, man. Not just in the quiet places but a Big Deal with the media types too. He's coming to town in a big way."

The giant paused to wet his lips.

"His companies already pay a good deal of the folks in town, right? Well, now he thinks he can buy up the city as well. As in - buy the buildings we live and work in; buy the very streets; heck I bet he thinks he can even buy up the sewers. Now - I guess this is good. Investment or what you call it. But this guy? This CEO... I bet he's a foreigner. Or, like, the face of foreign interests."

He tried unsuccessfully to shift in his seat.

"I'm all for making America great again, pal. This isn't the way to do it. Lets say I don't like the idea of some foreign owned company buying up the city, lock stock and barrel."

A breath.

"Its Maxmart, if you are interested. I got doubts of their intentions and the idea of some whiz bang financial guy remaking this town in his own fucking image gets in my craw."

As he spoke one of his meaty hands curled into a fist.

3. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Dude's got an axe to grind.

"Okay, but. Don't you think most of the people working for all these companies like having jobs?"

Sure. Mur-Ka. Aight. But has he seen the unemployment stats?

"Are you going to tell all those people why they can't find work?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Ends in 5 days!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Bea smirked, and ordered another shot.

"You're an idiot if you do it for the thrill,"
    she told the Magpie flatly. "Sure, money comes and goes, but money is just a by-product. That's why nobody in this room, nobody that matters, anyway, gives more than an a half-hearted handjob about just how large anyone's bank account is. They care about power. About influence. About the ability to effect the changes that you want to see happen. That's why I sell guns. That's why, if you're smart, you'll steal, too. Like you said, shifting ownership."
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Maybe I'm not smart." nobody said the unicorn was, "I don't care about the money, and power..." she has Fate and Time at her fingertips, "I'm completely fine with doing shit, and then seeing what happens. Watching the ripples." and that was the Acanthus in her Soul. "I don't got a plan." a shrug, before hazels turn towards the shadowed corners with the slinking thieves "At least not for me."

9. Likes West liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Well, if you ever change your mind, Magpie, I'm more than willing to be a friend," Bea replied, tossing down two more shots, savoring the spice and the burn, before standing up.

She took a moment to take a fold of bills from her pocket and tossed several onto the bartop, enough that the Magpie could pie herself a few more drinks if she wanted to.

"I've got to run. Business waits for no one,"
    the Daeva said in parting, stalking out of the bar to go get into her car and find someplace to go throw up.

Ah, the boons of the Living Dead...
    Bea exits!
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

11. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Whut?"

Green grunted. Didn't this guy know? Oh. Wait. Muggle.

"He's foreign. Not just foreign, yeah. Foreign foreign." The big guy tried to stress.

He sighed - a strangely contented sound. "Um. Yeah. Jobs. They got those secure for sure. One of the best worker's deals in recent memory. I don't mind helping out the economy and, like, good people getting a fair deal is great and all... I'm just suspicious of one company buying up as much of this town as it can. Sounds like one of them monopolies to me. You know what happens with monopolies, right? Yeah?"

He crossed his arms.

"I just want to know if those rumours are true. Or if, like, they been exaggerated. Or something."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"So which is it? You're mad he's buying up land, or there's a possible monopoly?"

Someone call the red shirts.

"I'm thinking,"
    he waved a hand in a circle at Malcolm, "We got a bad case of Starfleet Regulation Six One Nine here. You're emotionally compromised. If you've got an Executive Officer, now's the time to call them in and relieve yourself of command."

Speaking of? He pushed back and stood up.

"Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go buy the cute chick at the bar a drink now that's she's free."

Because Tuesday.

Ends tomorrow!
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Well, a Unicorn disguised as a Magpie could always use friends. Even a Sleeping ones. The new card is pocketed, and Tuesday gives B a wry "True enough." and another salute of her drink, as the brunette leaves.

The Coltish unicorn isn't alone for long before Star ambles over. Apparently his conversation with the giant over.

"Hey Jack. I made a new friend, and she's buying." Hazels move to the bills on the bar top.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread