Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Truce calls Strix

THREADID

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

He'd been meaning to get in touch with the recent addition of their Pathmate. Another who walks the Path of Doom would likely have similar experiences to share and collaborate in. But moreover, Truce wants to make sure the arrival is trustworthy.

Ring Ring...

He waits for the line to pick up before offering his opening greeting. "Good evening. This is Truce. Am I speaking with the person known as Strix? I heard you've been trying to get in touch with me?"

Strix

PRE

Strix was nursing a coffee at the time of Truce's call, halfheartedly looking at a crossword puzzle in the newspaper. His smartphone was lying on the table, as well, suddenly vibrating and blasting 'Now is the time to face your lies! Open your eyes...' which made him choke momentarily on his drink.

Thumping his chest a few times, he picked up the phone and cleared his throat before answering. He should probably change the ringtone, or lower its volume some.

"Hello," he said, then sat automatically a little straighter when he heard who was on the other line. "Yes, you have the right number. Thank you for calling back." Strix leaned back in the chair, rubbing the back of his neck. "I believe there's still a talk we should be having about my presence in the city, correct?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Your presence, yes..." replies Truce thoughtfully. "Have you not had a chance to speak with Varyx? Well, no matter. I would be happy to take on that responsibility. Do you have a preference on where we shall meet? Somewhere private, I imagine. There are several bars and restaurants that I'm sure can accommodate a private room, unless you'd prefer the safety of a residence?"

Truce had at least one location in mind. Though with the threat of Seers walking the city streets, one could never be too careful.

Strix

PRE

Strix leaned forwards as he put his arms down onto the table, carefully pushing the coffee to the side so he might not accidentally knock it over before doing so. "No, I didn't have much chance to talk with Varyx," Strix replied, absently drumming his fingers down onto the table. He had actually been under the impression he would need the Moros' councilor's approval, but he somehow got the feeling that Varyx was a popular one around here. It might not be so easy to talk to her.

His shoulders lifted in a shrug, even though Truce could not see it. "Well, no. I don't really have a preference for where we could meet. A restaurant or other location would be fine with me." He made a thoughtful noise, glancing over to the door. "Do you have a preferred place you would like to meet in person? I can meet you there, as well."

The location didn't really matter to Strix that much, as long as it was private enough for no unwanted people to hear them talk.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Very well, I'll reserve the private room at the Red Rabbit across from Marshall Park," he suggests, expecting that will suit their purposes. A bar and kitchen in the mid-town area would be a convenient enough spot to meet. Though the private room he had in mind seated for over eight people, he imagines he could compensate with an additional fee. They'd only need it for about an hour, most likely.

"I'll send a text with the scheduled time."

Strix

PRE

While he believed to know where the Red Rabbit was, he'd make sure to look it up just to be sure. He couldn't exactly risk having Truce wait for him longer than necessary. Renting a private room anywhere was generally not exactly cheap, though he didn't think it would take all that long. Generally they weren't, at least.

"Sounds good to me." Strix leaned back again, taking the cup of coffee to dare take a small sip before putting it bag down. "I'll wait for your text for the time, then."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

It's booked. Mostly, because this Mages Talking Mage In Public needs to get dialed back and this is what Sanctums and the Circle are for.

Or sound bubbles.

Or picnics in Twilight.

Or...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

After finding no way to reserve a room, Truce sends a text to Strix:

Change of plans. Meet me at the West entrance of the Circle.

Continued here

9. Likes Acheron liked this post
Closed Thread