Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Television

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Easter Egg!

Just watched the last Mr. Robot and they showed a computer screen with the username "happyhardonhenry806".

Easter egg, you say?! I do.

Happy Harry Hard-On* was the radio/deejay/call sign for Christian Slater in the rebel film "Pump Up The Volume" ~ The same Christian Slater who plays Mr. Robot. Of course, being the super-nerd I am, now I'm curious if the '806' is something I'm missing!

I like the idea that a voice can just go somewhere, uninvited, and just kinda hang out like a dirty thought in a nice clean mind. Maybe a thought is like a virus, you know, it can... it can... kill all the healthy thoughts and just take over. That would be serious.

*It was a play on the high school's big logo of three Hs for Hubert Humphrey High.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

M
    Matrixchild

Looks like Star made an appearance on Penn and Teller's Fool Us.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Awwww yissss!!!

Want to know how much of a nerd I am and the minutiae I'll remember for no good reason?

7 of Diamonds was the card used in the opening trick for Now You See Me that got lit up on the building !
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Slight spoiler for Game of Thrones season six! And King Lear. You have been warned!

For a long time now I've been really unimpressed with everyone that says GoT is so revolutionary, or fresh, or whatever variation upon that theme because I've been convinced that Martin has just been influenced by King Lear. A play where terrible nobles do terrible things to other nobles for the sake of the throne, and people keep asking the heavens why all this bad shit keeps happening...also the good guys all die and lose... sounds very familiar, no?

But but but, after season six of the show, I at least have proof that the showrunners are inspired by Shakespeare, since they literally copy/borrow from the end of Titus Andronicus...

the spoiler

Also, the movie Titus is pretty crazy, in a good way, so if you're jonesing for GoT already check it out! It has Anthony Hopkins and Alan Cummings, to name a few!

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Okay, check in. Who's watching? I know Cayce is.

I'm loving it, as an ST, to see these discussions about building 'narratives' and even learning things from the way they 'loop' the NPCs.

7. Likes , Kelreth liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Westworld is fracking amazing.

Also Hi! I r alive and significantly less confused.

9. Likes Acheron, , Cayce, West, Orianna liked this post

I am most definitely watching it! Though, about 2 episodes behind, so no spoilerz :P

I think there's a lot of depth to the show's exploration of wish fulfillment, too, particularly in the context of roleplaying! 'Cause what else is this form of media/performance/creativity if not an engagement with fulfilling desires, whether that's being someone else or telling stories that haven't been told elsewhere? There's a significant thread there, one I will definitely be exploring more in the future

11. Likes West, liked this post

0 Scenes

The Sloth is up there with the watching it (an episode behind :( ) and calling it fraking amazing.

I'd have more words, or better ones if I hadn't been very sloth-like this morning and just got dressed and is having coffee right now :P

But yeah. Fraking Amazing~!

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Y'all need to catch up. Had a super interesting twist that casts some things in a new light! As in, may need to re-watch episodes!

I am also watching it. Amazing show! I love it!
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
+ Reply to Thread