Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Help a Dragon out...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Peter races, still in bounding leaps, after the Prince and the Harpy, determined not to let them be alone... especially moving closer to the enemy.

"Could you guys flee and chase slower next time?!"
    lol
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Peter kills me. I mean, this toon has literally gotten me in trouble at work because I am laughing so hard. Good stuff.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

G
    Gelosiana

lol. Ive heard people in werewolf games say something to the same effect. "Quit fox-ridden'ing so fast!!". Props Maj!

You know, I can point out that Peter has some things going beyond JUST being the class clown. The stark contrast and inner turmoil that plays between being intelligent and losing some of that mental acuity, as Hank McCoy has from time to time in the pages of X-Men. How a person -- dead or not -- deals with the stress and fear of some of the things our characters see and/or deal with. And so on, and so on...

But honestly?

Peter kills me. I mean, this toon has literally gotten me in trouble at work because I am laughing so hard.

Worth it!!

(Thanks all! Because more than anything else, my goal with Peter is to remind people the entire point of playing a game... is to have fun. )

No, no, no... we're playing Vampire. That means the point is to be all pretentious and angsty and work out your personal issues through play ... sort of like a psychodrama psychotherapy group run by the patients.

Okay, none of that is true, or at least none of it is true as to how I like things to go in Requiem. I am so, so glad we don't have lots of whiny Lestat clones and I-wanna-be-sparkly vamps. I am very pleased with the mix of drama, tragedy, horror and - very importantly - humor in the game. Y'all are doing great with that, so keep it up.

D
    Dusk

If I roll a Daeva, he is going to be a major poseur.

Vauban

I am so, so glad we don't have lots of whiny Lestat clones and I-wanna-be-sparkly vamps.

Cassandra read each line carefully, confusion wrought on her face as she closed the cover. "Sparkles and sunlight?" She muttered before throwing the book over her shoulder. "That ones insanity far surpasses this ones!"

Maybe reading Twilight is part of the source of Cassandra's madness.

For someone wanting to play a poseur, there's always the Player bloodline (Mekhet, but with some Daeva overtones). I point, however, to the fate that has befallen the one Player that has shown up so far in TV Requiem (Ramon, from the Robbins threads).

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

No, no, no... we're playing Vampire. That means the point is to be all pretentious and angsty and work out your personal issues through play ... sort of like a psychodrama psychotherapy group run by the patients.
    f me you just described several of my Moods or Havens.

/me goes to get masking tape to pat Asa down and get the sparkles off...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ah, but a bit of angst in moods and even some havens is fine. Inner doubts are fine. A coterie of whiny extended-adolescence vamps is not.

Asa doesn't spend all his Requiem bemoaning the horrors of being a creature of the night and - even worse! - a Prince. And boy, does that make me happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread