"I...er...," Konrad's words fail him, all angles and schemes he might have seem to shrink to a single pinpoint as his stubborn confidence fades away. He's stuck his neck out too far, he realizes. His selfishness has left him exposed to his peers. Not even the Aspect of Predator can diminish the fear that sets in in the wake of the Seneschal's displeasure.

"I...understand, Seneschal. Forgive me," he says finally in defeat, his head and gaze lowering submissively to his cousin, his body language following clear in his cooperation.

At Martha's question, Konrad looks to her weakly. "Er..." he wonders for a moment, as he is lost in his present state of mind, what could she mean by 'do it'.

"No...I'll do it. My responsibility..." he mutters, his words lacking the usual easy-going mannerisms. Konrad moves his hand slowly to his jacket pocket where his lockpicks sit. He walks slowly to the door and brings the picks to the knob as he makes short work of the door's impediment. He puts the tools away in a soft smooth movement and enters stealthily to comply with the orders of the Seneschal.

He shuts the door behind him.
Don't know how many people have been following the Cody & Konrad threads, but I love them. It's what I love about Requiem, the slowly becoming a monster and loss of Humanity -- willingly, or in this case, unwilling.

Great stuff, thumbs up to everyone involved but especially Vassagon .