Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
The Goodbye Thread

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

0 Scenes

Cayce ! We truly love you and all of your awesomely written characters!

And if there's ever a time that life allows stop by, hop into chat and yes, if you ever can, come back, we love you! And everyone of us will miss you!

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

You shall be missed Cayce

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Good luck Cayce.

You'll be missed.

Stop by sometime We'll be here.

Sad to see you go Cayce.

But I wish you good fortune none the less.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Hmmm. I guess it's time for my own farewell. Since I've done it before and came back it seemed a little Drama Queen-ish before but it's been a while since I've actually played and this time seems more permanent.

I don't really have the words to encompass what eight-ish years of gaming here has been like, or meant. I rediscovered a joy in writing I'd forgotten and met (and had the good fortune to collaborate with) amazing people. Some have moved on, some are still here. They've all made me laugh, cry, or raeg as much or more as the best book or movie ever did. The sense of involvement in engaging and creating wonderful stories has been powerful magic.

Yumyumcrow - No words, man. I am in awe of your tireless ability to produce creative stories for other people. You went from being the new weirdo to the foundation of the site as other STs moved on. I've also watched you grow from a Rule Of Cool ST into one that understands the value of rules and balance, which has been awesome. From someone who has walked a mile in your shoes, the effort you've put into telling Stories for everyone is mind-boggling.

The rest follow in order of tenure:

deltadream - One of the reasons I joined Twilight Valley. Reading your writing helped me understand the (new at the time) medium and the depth of stories that could be told. Twist was forever a delight to read, constantly surprising me with lines of thought I hadn't considered but were wholly elegant in IC ways.

Cayce - So wacky. Even when I wanted to strangle you when you were new, I always loved Brenn. I'm glad your life moved on but it was a blow to lose you. I came here to play Mage and then couldn't; but then when I could, you helped make Star's story, welp, the most fun/thoughtful/in-depth/everything RP experience I've ever had. Potato.

Selena - We've had our ups and downs but you've always been a steadfast presence. I enjoyed reading the Conner/Arianna stuff and it was ever nice to know that you were there to welcome newcomers and help bring the social aspects of gaming to life.

Orianna - Watching a player grow and blossom is one of the best things about gaming. Seeing you develop and take lessons learned from characters into new ones, step outside of your comfort zone, and develop as a writer has been a better OOC success story than any IC title, position, or accolade.

Saber Sloth - I adore your characters. Each so incredibly unique and engaging, and my only regret is that you didn't join sooner or that I lasted longer. You're a part of Star's story and I'll never forget how hard I laughed at meeting Tuesday for the first time.

To those that I didn't mention -- you're no less important to the stories that were and are being told, and the same goes for some of the departed. Frost. Wolven Pryde. Fracture. So many amazing memories of people that contributed.

I'll still pop in to process XPRs and spends as I have been, or until they can be handed off to someone else, but I wanted to get these long overdue thoughts written as I leave the stage to the rest of y'all's stories.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Darn. Really sorry to see you go West but glad you have been having fun with all of us. You have been a great moderator and gloriously patient with many of us (very much me). But if you must then you must and that is what it is.

Still, I want to very much say thank you. This forum is awesome and I am grateful for to have RP'd with you.

Hope you have great fortune and a wonderful holiday season. Please feel free to revisit and play again whenever you feel like it.

7. Likes West liked this post
    S
    Selena

West - It's sad to see you go, and I hope you pop back around from time to time. Thank you for some wonderful role playing, laughing and all you've taught me about play by posting.

Maybe some day you will be ready to play again, and if you do, you'll be welcomed with open arms. If you need anything, please let me know.

West I know you 'inherited' this site, but it wouldn't exist as it does now without all of your efforts. You've done some really great things, in the coding and Wiki and all the time/effort spent moderating. And, of course, role-playing. Cheers.

10. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Holy peanuts, Batman!

I never expected this. Not in a million years.

Damn! I never got around to running something for Asa - grrr.

I second what has been said already: it will be sad to see you go. You made the site your own - especially with your dedication to coding and fixing the user experience over time. The site is a whole lot easier to navigate and work with than when I first hopped on, some five years ago now.

I hope I'll still see you passing through from time to time.

And yeah, should you want to RP again, we will be here.

12. Likes West liked this post

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

It is definitely tough to say goodbye and I echo others when I say that should you return, we will be better for it.

I have had my own leave of absences in the past and often the return was largely driven by your presence here at the site. I am humbled by your comments and in turn now hope that I can do PbP RP to the level you are at.

Best of luck to you and hopefully I"ll see you around.

14. Likes West liked this post
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread