Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
131 - 140
DISPLAYED
Fringe Elements

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 14 of 15 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

One week until the month mark, time to start winding down!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Are things that belong together ever really unrelated?

It's like drinking and smoking. But words are words and semantics are, and always will be, Illusions. Everyone knows what's meant. Sometimes there's even that curiosity, what people think when they see We together. The thought of Dark Hoodie and Wrinkled Khakis is enough for a grin to slip out, enough in time with Dr. Strange's soundless laugh to be part of an answer.

"That's pretty cool. Like, learning from each other? It's not really, like, together, until it's mixed. You know what I mean?"
    An arm circled a phantom bowl and the other hand Air Whisked it. We showed one another things, but learned languages solo. Was that weird? No. Because We aren't clingy. Every crepe is different. Use the same pan, the same batter, everything, but it'll still be different.

There's nothing wrong with funny shaped crepes.

"She didn't get a chance? You said 'was'. I'm sorry, man."

We all know Might Have Been hurts worse than Shouldn't Have. They say that the last thing in Pandora's Box, Elpis, was the salvation of all the evils that came before. Some people think that's a Lie -- that Hope was the worst of them.

But Hope isn't a Ghost. It's not the memory of things Never Done, things that Never Were. It's the Beginning of the story, not the End.

"You ever think about Match dot com?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

“Whooo hoo!!" Vivian had cheered the second race on which was just as good as the first. It had to be the driver, there was no bones about it.

Cupping her hands around her mouth and turning to the direction the racers. “Hey there Chuck. Will you need a lift?” Calling to the poor man who may have just lost his car. Maybe the Prince would give him a ride home. Or at least let him drive and send someone for the car later.

Oh, I’d love to do that…

“God, that was as good as sex and just as thrilling.” Without the nasty aftertaste of someone bitter. In a Requiem, things that were not mundane were a cheap thrill for the Daeva.

Turning to Ramona Bohannon . “You were correct dahling, t’was the better driver.”

She’d slightly over heard something about a script from the very tall man. However, she didn’t wish to dwell further on the spritely redhead. Maybe she was a little too cold sometimes.

She shrugs back at Green, "Yeah, I've known a few." His comment about Coco's 'script' makes sense. Like she gets frustrated when things don't go the way she imagines in her head. Too fucking bad. She grins as the cars line up again, and her eyes eagerly track the vehicles as they race towards the finish line, "I don't know that anyone's gonna want to compete with that," she replies to Green's inquiry. Damn. Mercedes-guy is On Fire. Like he can coax every little bit of speed out of either of the machines he's hopped into. Makes her wonder if he could beat her driving her truck with her driving his Mercedes. Probably.

Hot White Leather apparently gets an even bigger buzz from racing than Ramona. Not that it's difficult, Ramona's not exactly racing-obsessed, but to compare the thrill to good sex is pretty... involved. It brings a moment of self-consciousness regarding the dumpy Ford Ranger parked behind her and Green. She's a little surprised when the redhead turns to address her correctly, but after a moment she smiles, "Hell of a show. Were they racing for ownership?" She'd heard Vivian shouting something about needing a lift. "Outracing a guy in his own car and then taking it from him, that's cold."

C
    Casitive

'Was' is the hardest thing to say.

David was looking forward to growing with her. David was looking forward to sharing his Requiem with her. David 'was' and She 'was.' But, plans never materialized and was never became 'happened.' “There wasn't a lot of time,” the Shadow repeats listlessly.

Even now, so many months later Aïleen's loss is still felt: a gaping, sucking wound. Kindred hearts never quite heal, not really. “I did want to thank you for the advice. It helped. But,” the Shadow hollowly states, looping to the Illusionist's suggestion, “I'm not sure I'm ready for someone else.

Eyes search the audience, “I should go see if anyone needs any help.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh."

Genuine surprise? Yep. That's the look. Nobody was the new Hitch, but it was the first time he'd ever been thanked for relationship advice. Had it been advice? Maybe by mistake. Usually, it's just talking because No One Listens. It's like the tree falling in the woods, yo.

"Ummm. You're welcome? I mean, you're welcome. And. Yeah. I'm sorry. And sorry about, yeah. I wouldn't be. If, you know."

Ever seen shorthand? All the little fly's legs and squiggles? There's a verbal khaki shorthand, too. True story. Get out your decoder ring, turn the dial to Awkward Moment. It's easy to find, it's the biggest option.

"Cool. Stay frosty."

A smile and a wave was offered.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

Take Care,” David replies, lifting a hand in salutation as he side-steps into the crowds. Somewhere, there is a Kingdom. Within that Kingdom, there is a king living without her and living within himself. A backwards glance spies the mop of hair that crowns Star and then David continues on his way.

/exit

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"WOOO!"

Green's voice boomed as the racers completed a second head-to-head. A big goofy grin was plastered to his face now and his eyes shone with enthusiasm. He even clapped.

As the smoke cleared and the vehicles pulled up, he turned to Ramona Bohannon . "You know, this has turned out to be a good night."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan laughed at Asa's offer. Really laughed, as in she had to grip the car to stay standing. After a minute, she stopped to look up at him with a grin, "T-t-t-that would n-need me to learn to drive first then, heh-heh."

T

Chuck sauntered back to his vehicle wearing the smile of some who lost, but isn't too phased by it and wondering if Miss Morgan's less than clean hands would leave a smudge on the Corvette as she gripped it in some sort of fit of laughter. He caught the call from Vivian and looked mildly surprised at the offer then shook his head while giving her a disappointed face. He had the car, but missed an opportunity. No matter. Opportunities presented themselves to those who created them.

As Morgan seemed preoccupied, he offered the fob back to Mr Clark directly. "Thanks for the lesson. I've obviously still got a lot to learn." he said with a gracious smile. Once the fob was taken, a small envelope appeared and Chuck flicked through the cash within and began pulling a large portion out. He stopped before giving a quick chuckle, pulled the smaller portion out and pocketed it before offering the envelope to Clark or Morgan, whomever would take it.

Page 14 of 15 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
Closed Thread