Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
141 - 148
DISPLAYED
Fringe Elements

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 15 of 15 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well I definitely should have let you drive, then."

A wide grin slid out as Asa looked over at his competitor; after all, he was talking about Morgan driving his car, not Asa's. Fobs were exchanged, and Asa took the envelope. He counted, not from a lack of trust, but to peel off Morgan's portion and handed it to the small woman.

"I like a good competitor."
    There's was a slight nod of the head as he met Chuck's eyes. Was there some truth about it not being about winning or losing, but how you played the game? The man hadn't made any bones about losing, ran off with his car, refused to pay, or wrecked the Mercedes out of spite. "Thank you for the sport."

Asa offered the envelope back and headed to his car.

"Pick your favorite charity."

It wasn't about money.

And it sure as hell isn't about how you play the game.

To a Ventrue? It's only about winning.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

2. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow, Teeramus liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan accepted the $400 from Asas with a bow, "T-t-thank ye mi-lord. Ano-and twas fffine wheelmanship on b-b-both thine parts...Though-he," she pointed at Asa, "was-better-then-you," she pointed at Chuck, "ye both d-done good-yay!" She gave a large smile and two thumbs up.

After a moment's pause she lowered her left hand, with the money, into her pocket and waved a little goodbye with her right, "Bye-bye-bye, been fun-un. Heh-heh, bye." And took off back into the crowd. She was certain she'd seen a familiar mountain and blacksmith earlier. Maybe she could find them and tell them how she'd: met a very cute dood, ridden in two super-fast cars, got a wad of cash, and all because she'd played messenger for the giggles!

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Although she couldn’t hear what happened on the exchange, she could see what happened. Asa was full of surprises. The Lordworks in mysterious ways.

Vivian moved to lean on her car’s driver side. She looked to Ramona Bohannon . “I’m not entirely sure that’s what’s happening.” She grinned.

The Daeva may have been ready to leave, the night was fun and exciting but subsistence was calling her. But their Society had protocols, or at least those that were unwritten. She was not about to leave before the Prince. She had at least that much tact.

Overhearing the very tall man, “I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. Maybe next time I’ll take her out.” After an upgrade or two. A gloved hand caressing the cool blue steel of her Nova. “Unless anyone was to want a ride some night for nostalgia purposes.” Chuckling, the offer was to anyone within earshot.

One thing was certain after tonight. She needed to find this Coco woman and resolve whatever her issues were. How to find her was a different story.

She glances up at Green and nods in agreement, "Looking like it's turned out that way," she agrees, a small smile still curling her lips. Her eyes find Morgan, still in the midst of the settling-up between Asa and Chuck. Just checking in. Keeping an eye on her. "You want to give Morgan a wave?" She asks of Green, seeing the Steepscrambler departing from her suitor and his competitor, and casting about as if in search for them. Green will be much better at attracting attention than she is. Especially with a gross body movement.

When Vivian speaks, she looks first to the redhead, then back to the two men separating from their exchange. "Looks like our 2nd place guy gets to keep his car, at least." She'd missed the envelope exchange and then re-exchange. Again, Hot White Leather catches her attention with a very tempting offer. On the outside, Ramona seems relatively cool, but on the inside, her heart hammers a little as her imagination places herself and Vivian in the Chevy, roaring down a deserted highway.

Doubt reels it's ugly head. You're thinking of just hopping in a car with a stranger? You who know that there are things that go bump in the night. Let alone mundane threats like being murdered or stranded for whatever reason, temptation is a tool frequently used by the Enemy. It's not as though Ramona can ask her to hold a wrought-iron crowbar and see how she reacts. You can't live your life without taking risks... but you should be aware of what those risks are, and choose whether or not to take them.

Guilt also tries to slip a noose around her neck. Old prejudices simmering beneath the surface. Shame and self-hate and irrational fear. Her throat works as she swallows against the sudden dryness, but she quickly marshals her self-assurance. I've fought and sacrificed to be the person I want to be. And it is not the person she was ten years ago. That little girl wouldn't even be here. Surprisingly, that's a cheering thought.

So she manages to meet Vivian's eyes and her smile is a little steamy when she replies, "Sounds like fun."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted in a non-commital way. Nevertheless he raised his arm and waved, beckoning Morgan over should the athletic woman see them as she dived, headlong, into the writhing crowd.

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    T

The envelope stung his pride as he took it back. Surely he was no racer, but when it came to money Chuck wasn't used to having it returned to him. However he forced another gracious smile for Mr Clark, after all he could see himself doing something similar in different circumstances.

"Very generous of you. I'll add it into my usual donations." he said before giving a polite nod and turning and moving back towards to group still clustered around the remaining cars.

He gave a smile to Madison and Vivian in particular. "So it looks like I'll be paying full admission to see your show Madison. And dinner will have to be on me as well." he said confidently.

His gaze swept over the blue corvette and it's owner. "Hopefully I'll have a chance to ride this beauty sometime." he said with a mischievous grin. "But no. Fortunately we weren't racing for slips, otherwise Mr Clark could have gone home with the clothes off my back." He added with a chuckle.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Spotting Green proved easy: a mountain waving at you was kind of hard to miss. Oh, and Ramona was there too, great! There was a minor problem of a gaggle of men not moving out of her way...Right up until she used one as a step ladder and hop over another one.

When Morgan was finished weaving through the rest of the crowd up to her fellow Lost, she had a large grin on her face. Looking up at them, she gave them a thumbs up: "Dood-dood-dood-doodzzz! Heh-heh, Imma had mmmuch funs this night. Anno-and beers be on da race winner...oro-or maybe-the-loser-tis-his-cash. Meh, whatevers!" Morgan spread her arms with a shrug and a shake of her head. After that she looked around in confusion. She stood on her tip-toes and looked around.

Not finding whatever she was looking for, the raccoon's grin returned even larger then before, "Ano-and the wasp-uh-waspish-ya-dat--erm the waspish lady's taint uh-heh-ain't here-re-re, ssso she-get-no-free beers, more yay!" She enthusiastically gave Green and Ramona two thumbs up.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

...and Scene.

Good stuff everyone!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 15 of 15 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
Closed Thread