Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Tellin' It How It Is

C
    Cross

The new Reeve tells it like it is.

Quote Originally posted by Chris Wooding:
    Within seconds, a man's world can change drastically. Had he been in the shadows before, those times are over for Chris. Daniella Sage is smiling widely, Vivian is making a bow to show her... respect, and Ashley is offering her "talents".

Is this what Asa feels like all day? For about four seconds the Reeve allows himself to revel in his new fame, nodding to everyone, adding a wink here and there. But then it's time for business.

Ashley Cohen wants to be Deputy? What a crazy idea.

'Thank you.' It was not lost on him that she hadn't used his name or his title in any way. Does she expect to become Deputy? Because apparently she talked with someone about it. He smiles politely to the Carthian, 'It seems you've been correctly informed.' Maybe the Movement had other ideas, but taking care of the deputies is one of the main roles for every Reeve.

Fortunately, his Acolyte friend then appears. 'No problem, that's definitely appreciated Skaald Bridges. And, yeah, maybe we'll have to get the fistbump back in my system some other time.' He grins, it's not going to happen of course, but he can still joke about it.

'Now Miss Cohen, I appreciate your...' What is it? 'willingness to become an Official, but it won't be happening on my account, tonight.' He's looks at her with a serious expression, wondering what was going on in her mind.

'You see, I don't know what your talents are, but it's not just a matter of skill. I need to know and trust my Deputies. Now, I think I've spoken more with Edwin Bridges here in the last three months than I have been in conversations with you in the past three years.'
    I lol'd.

Buuuuuuurrrrn!

3. Likes Jag liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

File under: object lesson from a shadow priscus
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Hehe

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.