Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Top-Notch Post: Baldwin

I really enjoyed this post. I didn't have anything like this in mind when Cross PM-ed me about the thread, and it completely threw me--Baldwin baring his Menace--so much that I couldn't imagine Thomas not rolling Frenzy Check. So thanks, Cross. Bravo. I think this is the exact kind of thing that hi-lights the merits of a storytelling system. Made my day.

QuoteQuote:
    Inhumane.

That was how Sir Baldwin felt as he drifted into the priest's church, cold brown eyes scanning about as he came. The Beast was hidden, the Menace showing itself through the tension that constantly pervaded everything he did. The Knight had come under the Cloak, so that he could come as he truly was.

Dead.

Pallid.

Sunken.

If he was a creature of God, then God's chosen would accept him as he was.

His black t-shirt, blue jeans and leather jacket was window-dressing, concealing the truth of what he was, but it was something there, something about the way his cheeks sunk into his face, the way his skin tightened with the grip of death that revealed him.

He'd never been a very religious man, having turned to sin so early, so lovingly, but once upon a time, Peter Baldwin had been a baptized child. He remembered. It hadn't been centuries for him, not like so many others.

He had turned from it, but... was acceptance of the Lancea et Sanctum's God the road back from whence he'd come? The First and the Second traditionally stood side by side, and Mass brought comfort to troubled, Damned souls of all Covenants save for the Pagans.

Could Peter Baldwin be saved?

Did he want to be?

The Menace kicked beneath the cloak, demanding he do to Galilei what he'd done to so many others. It didn't want to be saved.

"Father."
    Excerpt from: A Knight's Confession

2. Likes Whisper liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It's a great post, reflecting his Humanity Challenged personal issues!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

C
    Cross

Thank you. Writing Baldy is always a fun challenge, one I'm glad to hear you enjoyed.

+ Reply to Thread