Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Harpy's Worth

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

At the question posed by Balwin, Velma inclined and reached for the Scrabble tiles kneeling closely to the small ottoman, her face was now lit by the red lava lamp as she searched for specific letters.

REEVE

8 points

I guess he is worth less than the Harpy… Not even Velma actually believed that. She had tested his mettle in combat and in several other situations… not only had she been unsuccessful but she had fallen victim to him before.

When she started joining tiles the songstress crossed the R from Harpy with the R from Reeve.

“You see!" She opened the palm of her hand to present her masterpiece.

”The Reeve and the Harpy actually have something in common!” She continued now seating in the floor near the small table.

”In your place I would find someone who could help you and guide you on how to fall in the Reeve’s good graces and at the same time hinder the progress of Miss Burns…” There was a light shrug… it was obvious and she knew Balwin knew who could help him. The fact he had asked revealed just that.

With their unspoken agreement set Velma continued, she was now looking at the other tiles intensely. The Ravager was solving a puzzle.

”Before being Reeve, Reeve Connery used to serve as the bodyguard for then Herald Villiers in the role of deputy under former Reeve Greyson.” The songstress still recalled the mysterious Shadow and his inscrutable behavior as well as her acknowledgement into the city. She met Martha and Dillon that day.

”You can try approaching Seneschal Villiers to help serve as security for her to earn your name… she is always in the face of danger during acknowledgements.” It would be the sort of work that Dillon could easily relate to she reasoned.

”I don’t see any of the current Regents actually needing an Hound, that can also be a venue of power that you can try to pursue… maybe I can inquire with Regent Redfill should you wish… but I think he would be inclined to select a member of the ordo as his right hand... guess who happens to be a member of the Ordo Dracul?” Let’s not even talk about Brady or Roxy.

”Again the same applies to the position of Hound for Regent Connery… you are not a Gangrel.” It actually sucked a lot for Baldwin. He should have moved faster.

”If worst comes to worst I would advise you to search for help with the Seneschal… she will certainly be keen once you have proved yourself an able body for security that you can actually become a Keeper…” Maybe that was not the option Peter was after but it was nothing to shun. The ability to carry weapons into Elysium, during court. Nothing to scoff at, and there was always recognition to be had…

He would only need to learn how to prepare cocktail parties...

There was no other option except the last one.

”There is actually another option… a position in the Domain that has been vacant since the former Priscus of my clan left the city… the Alder Duchess Twist" The respectful tone that Velma adopted was probably indication enough of the reverence she had for the woman… if Alder, Duchess Priscus and Archon weren’t indication enough of her prestige and reputation.

ARCHON

11 points

Still worth less than the Harpy…

This time the tiles the songstress crossed were the A from Harpy with the A from Archon.

"She was also an Archon, the Royal Hound.” The Harpy finally concluded, hopefully sparking something in Peter - an objective for him to pursue.

”Those are some big shoes to fill… but eventually someone will have to perform that role. This time around you would need someone who could vouch for your worth with His Grace, the Prince.” The corner of her lip actually perked up a bit. The Succubus was wondering what sort of venue Baldwin would choose to follow… was he an ambitious kindred of quality?
    Wod.Infant ! Awesome post. Seriously. Like, going in my all time favorites list awesome.

*applauds*
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Matamune, Chrisie, Wod.Infant liked this post

blushes

Thank you!

C
    Cross

SHE WANTS SOMETHING
    Amazing job, Harpy.

+ Reply to Thread