Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Under Control) Both Halves Are Developing Well

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel remains impassive, by Firebringer's side. It's not his place to talk or question, not when the Wolf in charge of the negotiation and Chantay are speaking.

L

"Not particularly." Her smile is soft, and conciliatory, as she notes his reaction. A step forward and to the side brings the beautiful woman just a bit closer...and lets her slip between Eric and Firebringer. "I do hope you didn't mind me asking. There's just...been a lot to take in tonight." The smile shifts slightly, becoming a bit more playful. "And can you blame a poor girl for being a bit curious after learning that she was approached by some government secret agent years ago?"

But a congressional panel. Unofficial capacity or not, if that was a possibility for him whatever he was involved with was apparently something big.

Her head tilts slightly to the side as her gaze flicks over to the other man, not missing the shift in his demeanor. "And is this all related to that job offer you mentioned, then? Helping to guard sensitive information for the feds?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Eric cocked his head to the side to meet Matthew's gaze. The set of his jaw said that he was well aware that he'd said too much, and was leery of Chantay's attempts to placate him. Although he didn't reply to the to jab, the piercing eyes were clear: he was not afraid. At Chantay's question, he turned to look at Vector, an unspoken question.

As Chantay moved, so did Vector, sliding around the front of the truck so it was between himself and the wolves, resting a hand on the hood.

"Yes."

A single word, with no elaboration.

The wind whispered through the night air, but did not feel cool on the skin as it failed to whisk away the tension.
      Defender gets 2 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-16 18:41:52 ST [UC] rolls 8 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 7, 2, 6, 6, 5, 9, 5, 9 2 successes
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

L

The entire thing seemed balanced on a knife's edge now. Everyone wary, Firebringer feeling the rage inherent to their kind blazing bright within him. And it would only take but a spark of it to ignite it all, see the entire thing erupt into raging violence. Which would be rather unfortunate, since she was all but certain there was something bigger going on. Something much more important than the simmering tensions that permeated the area now.

She'd just have to see if she could balance upon it, she supposed. Perhaps if there was any common ground to be found...

"And given your involvement," she nods to the man behind the hood of the truck, "would it be safe to assume that this is no...mundane, information? The type of thing that none of us would want thieves to be able to spread?"

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel steps to Firebringer's side:

"Talk while they clean up?"

This is certainly a situation that desperately needs a private talk. His stomach churns at the thought of working as themselves for the freaking Herd but it seems like there is little choice.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

A snarl of anger at the man's refusal to be cowed. At Daniel's words, the alpha wheels on his packmate, eyes blazing before he catches himself. Not his fault. "Where one goes, all go. Anything sensitive can wait."

The full force of his glare is reserved for Eric and his associate. "Bringing the truck in is permissible. Under supervision. But you have yet to give us any reason to want to help you. How do we even know your information holds no danger to us?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I don't particularly care whether you want to help or not," Eric answered Matthew, his eyes glancing at Vector. "But you asked about spillover."

His voice was calm, but he still thought it best to address the most clearly volatile component.

"As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to just take care of this mess and go about my way. If you want to supervise me, hop in the back of the truck. If you don't want me going back there, that's fine, too. I'd just as soon drive out of here and never see you again. Then it's your mess."

He spared a glance at Chantay, the intense eyes glazed over by boredom. Someone needed to get the crazy dog on a leash, or take his collar off. Can't have it both ways.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Nudge Lesingnon as the 48 hour mark approaches

L

"The information holding danger to us would be a reason to help them. Because if it's stolen, disseminated..." She let the statement go unfinished, the implications seemed obvious enough. If that happened who knew how widely known it might become, what people might learn of it. At this point, staying out of things seemed like it might well be more dangerous than getting involved. "I know you don't like them, but they're not lying to us. And I don't think they're the ones we need to worry about here. I'm not sure the same can be said about whoever's stealing information from them."

She's unzipping her purse as she speaks, turning it onto its side, shaking a bit...and there's a brief glimmer of steal in the dim light as her bagh nakh falls out to thump softly onto the grass. Hooking her toe under it, a quick kick sends it sliding and tumbling until it comes to rest at near Eric's feet. "A gesture of faith. I don't think there has to be any violence between us, or that it would be in either of our best interests. And if we did end up fighting I doubt I'd ever get a proper Irish Coffee again."

Firebringer

PRE

Firebringer snorts in contempt, but otherwise remains silent. If Slick wanted to defang herself in the interests of making nicey-nice with the Tur-defilers, on her head be it. He sure as hell wasn't about to entrust his knife to their grubby paws.

Still, it might be interesting to see how this played out. If nothing else, few had a cleaner shot of destroying evidence than its supposed guardians.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread