DISPLAYED
May 1, 2014 : (Under Control) Appearing Act
(Under Control) Nox
May 21, 2014 - Jun 22, 2014
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

>>The Pipeworks<<

Very much conscious that he needed to take back control of his life, his mind, his body, his emotions, Miach had tried several things, none of which had worked so well so far. He remembered fondly his time at the Pipeworks, though, and the discipline required by climbing. Would it help ? At this point, it was worth a try.

The familiar streets to get to the place, the faces, the smell, it all evoked nostalgia in the Acanthus, even though it hadn't been a year since his last visit. And yet, it felt alien and strangely soothig to change back into climbing gear.

Going to the the base of the climbing wall, he looked at it, and his mind was in turmoil.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse shows up in shorts and a tank top a little while after sending a quick text letting Miach know that he was going to be late. The Thai man was loose, relaxed, and still somehow buzzing with excitement as he entered the Pipeworks. While he would have preferred a more natural setting, he hadn't gone climbing in a long time and was anticipating a lot of fun no mater where they were meeting.

The location did not disappoint. Impulse continued to be all smiles as he scanned the location for his new friend and while, after finding him, tapping his fellow enchanter on the shoulder.

"Hey man! Good to see you!" he says. And after exchanging pleasantries asks, "So what's the plan? A race up? Just a friendly climb? An endurance test?"

Miach

PRE

The other Acanthus was brimming with life as usual, and Miach pondered for a time who was the more lively between he and Kiko. It made him smile, and he replied good-humouredly to the Thai. "Well, good seeing you too." which was true in more senses than one.

"The plan ? Well... whatever you like. I don't know how familiar you are with climbing ?" if that wasn't an invitation to boast, Miach didn't know one.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse looks up to regard the towering climbing walls and grins. He loved being able to look up at things that made him feel small. It's one reason that he had always loved walking around in the cities. The skyscrapers had trouble awing you when you were in the back of a taxi.

"I've only done it once. Should we do a test run before deciding on a game plan? You have more experience, so wold you mind leading the way?" he says, motioning towards the nearest unused section of wall.

A
    Asp

Now this place was more like it!

Pipeworks. When she'd heard about it, Asp was sold in a second. Climbing walls? Strength training? What self-respecting Talon wouldn't take the opportunity to get a good work out at a place like this? Plus, it looked like a fun course. Maybe she'd meet some people who were into pick-up sports like her, and get involved in a league or something...

You totally miss the routine back home.

Sadly, this was new turf. Things were going to be different, and there wasn't so much time for that sort of thing anymore. Was homesickness a part of the Lie?

Setting her bag and sunglasses aside in a locker after signing in and paying, Asp made her way over to the walls and started to limber up. It wasn't her first day on the walls. She liked the burn after a workout, but only a masochist enjoyed the cramping that came from not stretching.

"Hi, fellas," the young woman said with a cordial look to the two guys who looked like they were getting set to go up the wall at some point here.

A
    Asp

Finishing her left arm's stretch as the silence went on, Alana began to wonder if she was being ignored. She efficiently pulled a hair elastic off her little wrist and put her hair up.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse smiles at the woman who had approached them. There was something about her that he liked, though he couldn't quite place it. When she addresses them, he checks around the room to make sure she wasn't talking to someone else.

"Hi," he says. Then after a moment, "Do you work here?"

Awkward, yes. But he had no idea what else to talk about with the stranger. At a loss, he glances over at Miach, hoping his fellow enchanter might have something more imaginative to say.

Miach

PRE

OOC

Miach was standing there at the base of the wall, trying to focus his thoughts on the moves he would have to execute and away from a basement where he had been strung for monthes. It had worked well enough, and it took him more than a few seconds to register someone new had come. Even though it would now be awkward, what else could he do but...

"Hiya..." he said, turning to see a young lady. He didn't have time to elaborate when Impulse started putting a foot in his mouth. Well, at least now he couldn't do much worse.

"Please don't answer my friend yet. Do you mind if I make a guess ?" the Enchanter asked, hoping to steer the conversation in a more producive course, perhaps.

He eyed her face, and nodded before going on "I used to come here pretty often some time ago, and I have a pretty good memory for faces. So I can't say whether you work here or not, but I guess you must be pretty new, right ? If you don't mind me asking, of course ?" he asked with a flick of the hand meaning he didn't want to intrude, of course.

A
    Asp

For some reason, Alana's mind went de Niro as the Asian fellow looked around himself and his friend. Her lips parted to answer him in the negative when the other fellow chimed in. She smiled slightly, as if amused at the idea of his guessing. "Shoot," she said playfully, wondering where he was going to go.

He didn't get it right, but it was a reasonable attempt.

"Not a bad guess," she replied, underscored with a little laugh. She wasn't all decked out in carabiners and whatnot yet though, nor was there any Pipeworks regalia on her. She was just athletic. "But no, I don't work here. I just figured I'd get in line while I get ready."

There was only so much wall to climb, after all, and she didn't mind waiting her turn.

She shook her freshly stretched arm out for a second, then offered it to shake. "I'm Aspen."

Miach

PRE

If I may nudge WakingDream

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread