Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
West Answers... Mage Questions

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Since the new ST or ST(s) will most likely take things in directions that they want to, and are interested in, I'd like to do a Q&A and provide answers for things I did, and people/events in my setting.

Obviously these are not THE answers, since the new Stories will have their own elements, but I think it would be fun to explore the setting and information I presented, and possibly help you all see the Mage world through my eyes.

I regret to say, I won't be dissecting West mechanically for you guys. As I've played him for 5+ years, I guess I'm just too... jealous... of what I've done. I'm sorry :( As far as West IC goes, he'll be joining Kai in rebuilding Baltimore.

So... fire away. Questions about plots? Specific events? NPCs? Motivations? Discrepancies? West's Mood posts? Go for it.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

What's the secret club that Zero invited Armstrong into?

What's Jammer's deal, letting people spy on Arrows?

What was Ghoster's destiny? (if he had an official one)

Did Logos come apart because he was in the magic-sucking pit and it stripped the spell keeping him together from him?

What is the magic-sucking pit?

Is the Funeral Sniper working with the Necromancer?

Is Vector the Necromancer?

...um, i'll probably have more, but that's good for starters, I think

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't continue with what you've set in place as far as the Concilium - in other words, unless you choose to claim ownership of them and have them go off to do other things, I think it best if we keep the various officials (other than West) in place behind the scenes, at least for now.

But, in order to play true to them... could you provide a bit of a primer on the big-position ST characters? Who's who, what their agendas are, how they interact with each other, etc., so those of us who are going to try to use the tools you've set out know which end is which?

Where did Andrade go?

What's the deal with the sniper killing monster on the rooftop. The one Ollie saw in his post cognition..

Vauban

What's the deal with the sniper killing monster on the rooftop. The one Ollie saw in his post cognition..
    This ones actually been bugging me for awhile. that and the fact the sniper had Trench's name in his pocket....

Who are those damned colour toons, the one's who popped up every now and again? You know the ones, you sly dog

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

Was Zero/anyone else secretly a Seer of the Throne?
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

What's the secret club that Zero invited Armstrong into?
    A shadow organization that was originally formed with 1 vamp, 1 mortal, and 1 mage. Zero was the mysterious Mr. Green who apported & destroyed Scotts' ring.

What's Jammer's deal, letting people spy on Arrows?
    Jammer was being blackmailed by the Banishers.

What was Ghoster's destiny? (if he had an official one)
    To expose Vector's 'boss'.

Did Logos come apart because he was in the magic-sucking pit and it stripped the spell keeping him together from him?
    Yes.

What is the magic-sucking pit?
    A prison for a Bound.

Is the Funeral Sniper working with the Necromancer?
    Yes -- the funeral sniper was Vector -- see below.

Is Vector the Necromancer?
    No, he was not -- but he was secretly (even to the Necromancer) helping him.

Where did Andrade go?
    To help Plotski rehabilitate.

That was the necromancer, harvesting body parts to replace parts of him that the Bound's power was rotting away.

This ones actually been bugging me for awhile. that and the fact the sniper had Trench's name in his pocket....
    The sniper was trying to get Trench's books, which were actually journals from a Proximi family detailing the Bound, and it's prison.

Who are those damned colour toons, the one's who popped up every now and again? You know the ones, you sly dog
    See above; Zero

Was Zero/anyone else secretly a Seer of the Throne?
    No... I figured y'all would think that, so I purposely didn't include any hidden Seers -- which would make everyone suspect, hopefully.

The two major 'themes' I wanted explore were Trust and Consequences. Who could the players trust, and the repercussions of actions. With the short lifespans of Mages, their information gathering abilities, and diverse motives, I wanted to create NPCs that every player would have a reason to trust, or not trust. One of the later major arcs would be continuing to set Tyria up, and attempting to isolate Joshua Morris as the only person who believed in her. The culprit would be Starling, a Rose of Eden.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

What was West doing in the background?

Care to elaborate on the Banishers/Seers plots?

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

This shadow organization of Zero's, can you elaborate on it and what it's plans are?
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
+ Reply to Thread