DISPLAYED
West Answers... Mage Questions

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Cool It was fun and y'all were great players -- and sports, to those that died.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I was really looking forward so someone discovering Tyria's 'dead' aura after the wave after wave of Park Wars, too...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tyria's 'dead' aura?!

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

wait what the flip?!

how do you STs make such complex plot lines? serious question, I always end up getting stuck with the ST job when I game with my friends and i suck at it

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

Death 4, Slay Aura. It's a Necromancer trick.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It's also native to Wraiths of Epochs, as revealed here and here. Slay Aura completely removes the aura, it doesn't alter it.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

:( I just read that Our Last Summer post... It was... touching? Sweet? Something like that, and somewhat saddening, too. Either way, it was cool, amazing, and interesting seeing that West and Tyria had somewhat of a thing for each other, even though she knew it wouldn't end up working out.

It also kinda helped the mood of the post that I knew the song that was being referenced.

8. Likes West liked this post

Wait, that was...? Holy shit that was Tyria. I've read that post three or four times and never put it together with all the little clues West has put in the posts.
    Jesus Please-us, that was Tyria. Huh.

10. Likes West liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Yeah, I suppose it is a lot better if you know the song. I had been wanting to do that post for a while (like, a long while) but had never gotten around to it... but then when Tyria told Joshua that he reminded her of someone, it gave me the impetus. Which is good because I think it's one of my favorite ones ever, and continues to help me flesh out my toon's history

The how and why sort of answer's Kelreth's question, too. I had written into West's history years ago that he'd had a Wraith girlfriend previously that things hadn't worked out with. When I took over Mage, it all kind of 'clicked'. I wanted to run a 'traitor' subplot, but not a Seer or Banisher one... so I came up with the Roses of Eden. That way, if PCs kept trying to connect the Rose to Seers or Banishers, they would keep coming up empty-handed, which would keep exonerating the Rose.

- I wanted the Curator to be a Wraith... then I realized she would be perfect to be the Wraith.
    -
    I wanted to give Ankh a bit of a puzzle and cause some inter-Order friction that was wholly on the personal level, but also begin the Roses subplot.
    - I needed a reason for West to be elevated to Magister, and to have someone who could tell him what to do.
    - I needed a reason to push Joshua into being a Sentinel, and then a way to draw him into the Roses subplot.

From that point, it was fun to lay clues here and there, to see if anyone would figure it out, since Ankh dropped from the game. Unfortunately, some of the people that had seen the clues either left or their characters died, but it was still fun, since there was OOC opportunity to figure it out:

- Tyria was the only high-ranking person West ever addressed by first name.
    - She knew West's Name, and tweaked Ankh with it, and also asked for a dance at a party.
    - West knew her Legacy, even though 'on screen' they'd only had 2 brief meetings.
    - There was a degree of over familiarity, though subtle: When Animus and Joshua were in her office, West just walked in. He acted as if it were no big deal, and Tyria didn't mind, etc.
    - Joshua is very similar to West, which Tyria said.
    - Then, of course the post where West says Tyria is a Wraith and the Summer post where the girl tells him she's a Wraith.

So, that's kind of a quick nutshell on why it happened, and how it evolved.

Good lord. And until last night I didn't even click that the "someone" Joshua reminded her of was West--I'd thought, maybe a brother, or a previous lover sure, but not him. But once I realized Tyria was the girl in Summer it was just so obvious.
    Smooooooth.

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
+ Reply to Thread