Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Glissade Tournament

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last

Tug VS Connor

"So how you doin, man?" Tug asked the guy that had approached him.

Connor scratched at the padding a little, it looked too big on such a scrawny guy but he was smiling from looking forward to the fight. "Doing alright. You all set for our match?"

Tug couldn't believe that he was supposed to match up against this little guy. He better be one of those little kung fu guys or somethin', or this is gonna be quick. "Alright. Yeah, I'm set." His own padding fit just a little snug. They go into the ring as the first contestants. He waits for the ref's bell.

Connor was tugging at the leash, waiting for the bell. His grin had a feral, wolfish look to it. And as the bell rang, he instantly jumped to the attack.
    But the large guy was very light on his feet and Connor failed to connect.

Tug moves back, and counters by trying to pin the little guy's arms to his sides.
    It's not trouble for the big Thyrsus to wrap his big 'ol tree trunks around the smaller guy.

Connor was tempted to bite the heavy guys throat show him what a mistake it was grabbing a wolf. He managed to restrain himself and simply headbutt him with his helmet.
    2 Bashing

Tug hadn't been expecting the head butt. The little guy was scrappy. Good. Tug tries to squeeze the scrap out of him.
    3 Bashing

Oh, now it was on. Connor scrambled, felt Tugboat's grip loosen just enough to get some good leverage.
    Wham!
    And that was without the claws sucker or you'd be really hurting

4 Bashing

Tug was hurt. He put everything he has into crushin' Connor's arms into his ribs.
    All health filled. Tug wins.

Connor continued to struggle, despite being really hurt. He was still awake and that meant he could fight. Except when the ref blew the damned high pitched whistle, which made Connor flinch more than having his ribs caved in.
    It shook him out of the battle mind set, though. It looked like the match was over and he was being put on a stretcher to see the rent a doc.
    He grinned like a wolf barring its teeth. If he hadn't had on the stupid gloves it would have gone differently, but it was still fun. He winced as the doc poked something and asked if it hurt. Well, mostly fun.

Tug felt kinda bad, watchin the little guy being carried off. It had never been a fair fight to begin with. He lifts one arm in victory, but keeps his head down as he walks out of the ring. It wasn't enough. He was in it to win it. Connor had smashed the crap out of his nose. He'd have to buy the guy a drink later.

Ruby takes a seat a row or two from front.

She grimaces through the first match, considering it a little extreme. She looks around to see if Sully is going on.

Sofia and Jessi arrive just in time to see the first match. Sofia is dressed all in black - spike-heeled boots, leather jacket, jeans - except for a white t-shirt with a black bra visible through the white fabric. Her lipstick is dark red, as are her nails, and her hair is pulled back into a ponytail. Jessi is low-cut skin-tight blue jeans, cowboy boots and a blue silk t-shirt, and is clearly not wearing a bra. She's wearing bubble-gum pink lipstick and sky blue nail polish, and her blonde hair falls in curly ringlets.

Hips swinging, Sofia walks straight to Mateo and grabs him to give him a kiss, then wraps herself around him. "Hey there, lover. Glad I made it before your fight. Let me introduce my friend. Mateo, this is Jessi, my best friend in the world. Jess, this is Mateo, the first guy I've found in a long time that can keep up with me." She grins.

"Howdy, Mateo," Jessi says, extending her hand and shaking with a surprisingly strong grip. "Sofia done told me all 'bout you, an' if even half's true, Ah'm lookin' forward to seein' you whup a lotta ass here tonite."

((Note: Figuring two striking ladies might draw a few pictures, Sofia and Jessi both expend some Willpower when they come in. Through the scene, theywill watch for shutterbugs and make an effort to not get too close to mirrors if they can help it.))

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Alligators? For reeeeaaaaaaaaal?" Kaeda squeals.

Kaeda jumps as someone with a bullhorn calls her name.

"That's me! Kaeda -- mine name is Kaeda," she says, grabbing her bag. "I'll see you later, Alligator Sully," she calls over her shoulder.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Matthew is a bit surprised when Sophia starts fawning on Mateo. I think that's my cue to leave. "Guess I'll see you in the ring, then." He turns and begins walking away.

---

Animus arrives just in time to catch the tail end of the first match. I'll have to give Tug my congratulations. He scans the audience, looking for anyone he knows. Wait, is that Ruby? What's she doing here? He walks down and takes a seat next to her. "I admit, you're about the last person I expected to see at something like this. What brings you here?"

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

Mateo smiles, shaking Jessi's hand in just as firm of a shake. His mind, and eyes, linger for a moment on her body... Before Matthew speaks. "Yeah, man, see you there." He says with a serious look.

"I'm glad you made it before I started too baby. To be honest though, the first fight alone is gonna be a bitch, that was Matthew, for Alpha of one of our packs, and I know he aint no slouch when it comes to the fighty-fighty."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Kaeda Tanaka

Kaeda spun her escrima sticks and let them settle into her hands. She was nervous, and the last few months had been rough on her. She had to prove something to herself. She was so busy in her own world, she didn't even loook over her opponent, other than he was using wooden daisho. She would have to be faster, since he had reach. As the flag dropped, she bounced forward, flicking a stick out into the man's solar plexus. It was strange, though -- as she struck out, her timing seemed to be off... but... that's what withdrawal and hopping yourself up on drugs will do to you... isn't it?

Orphan 2 Bashing

"Damn, she's good!" Orphan realizes. Knocked off-balance by her attack, his follow-up misses.

"Being careful won't win me this one," he realizes. "If I'm gonna have a chance, I need to be tricky."

Kaeda Tanaka

Kaeda flashes Orphan an impish grin, lighting up her baggy, hollow eyes. WIth what seems to be a formula for success, she repeats the same maneuver, jabbing him in the gut again.

Orphan 3 Bashing

Orphan manages to throw Kaeada's strike off some, but she still slams him hard enough to put his counterattack off balance, and as a result, he barely clips her.

He nods to her, acknowledging her skill. "That didn't pay off," he thinks. His best bet was to go back to fighting a defensive fight.

Kaeda Tanaka 1 Bashing

Kaeda's grin disappears as Orphan raps her smartly, and she settles into a rhythm, trying to outlast her opponent.

Again, she pierces his defenses for a glancing blow, but enough to throw Orphan off again.

Orphan 4 Bashing

This girl kept sliding past Orphan's best defensive efforts, throwing him off balance and making it difficult for him to counter-attack. As long as she kept that up, she was simply too good for him to take out while fighting defensively.

So, he decided to go for a riskier gambit, planning to go on the offensive and hoping luck would be on his side and she wouldn't clean his clock before he got a good shot in.

Kaeda Tanaka 1 Bashing

Kaeda concentrated, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Although this white boy seemed pretty ineffective, her master often warned her about becoming too complacent.

Then again, the mechanics she tuned cars with said, "If it isn't broke... don't fix it."

Again, the sticks on the ribs...

Orphan 6 Bashing

Orphan swings his katana overhead for a kaburi strike, but going on the offensive wasn't accomplishing him much, either. He could feel this one slipping away from him. There was nothing shameful about losing to a skilled opponent, but he'd hoped to make a better showing than this. At this rate, Tam wasn't going to need to worry about the two of them going toe-to-toe.

Kaeda Tanaka 1 Bashing

Kaeda felt like she was in the zone now, moving fluidly and flicking her sticks against the man's ribs and solar plexus, her off-beat cacophony wreaking havoc on his attempt to find his rhythm. Whatever there was to be said about his skill... this guy could take a hell of a beating.

When would he drop?

Orphan 8 Bashing

Orphan realizes it's all or nothing now... no point in holding anything back for the next match, because unless things change here, he's not going to be fighting a next match.

He finally gets in a solid strike, but it isn't enough, and he's wide open to her counterattack. He knows that barring exceptional luck, he's done... but relying on exceptional luck has sometimes worked for Orphan, so he's not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Kaeda Tanaka 4 Bashing

As Orphan opens himself up, Kaeda's sticks move from the fluid pattern of Escrima into a more offensive style, and she raps his extended body solidly with each stick, and looks immediately apologetic as she feels ribs give way.

Orphan 2 Lethal 7 Bashing

Orphan can see she's left herself wide open, and he prepares to take advantage of that, just knowing he can make it count, but the referees can see he's almost out on his feet and step in to call the match on TKO, declaring Kaeda the winner.

Orphan bows to his opponent, acknowledging her superior skill. As he stands back up, he feels his vision starting to fade.

Shrugging off assistance, determined to make it back to Tug and Tam on his own power, Orphan takes two steps, then keels over face-first, unconscious before he hits the floor.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

From his place in the back of the stands, Joshua shakes his head slightly as he watches Orphan pass out before he can even leave the ring. As the groans and catcalls of the audience fade away, Joshua wonders about his fellow Arrow; he'd always shown such great ability, and yet tonight he'd barely been able to land a blow. Perhaps it just wasn't his night. On the other hand, Joshua was incredibly impressed with the little Asian woman.
    He leans back a bit, ready to watch the rest of the matches. How far would Tug go tonight?

Brandon claps with excitement, giving in to the energy here--letting himself, for one night, not be Autumn. Carrot-top just got fucked up, he thinks as Kaeda is determined to be the winner. Guy has spirit, though, he adds as Orphan tries to leave the ring and promptly falls onto his face.
    If this was his day job he'd be in the booth commenting on the fights. It's nice to have a night off just to watch 'em. Who's next, who's next?

"Anim-!" Ruby cuts herself off midshout. She motions him close and gives a quick hug.

"Hey! Good to see you. You know darlin'? Your name is awful strange to shout. I really need to think of somethin' to call you out in public."

"Oh, right. A friend of mine made me promise to come."
    Lie. "What about you?"

Peter is hanging toward the back, but still in a position to see the ring. As the big guy just grabs the little guy and crushes him, Peter makes a note. Watching the armed combatants, Peter is impressed with the little one's skill.

"Man, I hope I manage to get a straight up punch-fest. I didn't do too much grappling on the streets... usually, a solid shot with the brass knucks put people down... Oh well. Part of the fun is the uncertainty, I suppose," he muses quietly to himself.

Page 5 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
Closed Thread