Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Call to -ulp- Ventrue Priscus (Asa Clarke)

Dicky turns on a nature DVD and mutes it. The calming blue submarine ecosystems sooth his frayed nerves.

What does fish blood taste like? Probably a little like Korean people. Uggggggh, goddammit Dicky, that was so racist.

He punches in the number he was relayed and waits for the click.

burrrrrrrrrrrrr. burrrrrrrrrrrrr

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa looked at his phone in irritation as he, the Harpy, and Reeve kept getting interrupted. He knew the caller, and could guess the reason for the call. Forwarding it to Olivette would only put the ghoul in an awkward position. It had been a while since he had put her in awkward positions, he considered with a rueful smile -- but, really, there was no reason to complicate things.

"Yes?" he answered, softly, to not interfere with the Reeve's conversation.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"Hello Mr. Clarke, this is Richard DeBruyn. I had the opportunity to meet you when I arrived in town a few short weeks ago, and I'm calling on behalf of my work associates."

God, I hope Harpy Naetesh got to him first.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, I remember you," Asa replied to the palsy-stricken dishrag of a Lord.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Huh, weird but that did not seem like a positive tone. Bad connection?

"Tonight's event has been relocated. We have made all of the arrangements, everything is prepared, but we failed to send out notification. The second we realized the mistake we contacted Ms Naetesh, earlier this evening, and she informed us you would be notified. But in your capacity as... family I offer my help to contact our cousins to notify them of the change. If it happens this is the first you have heard of the change, then I may give you all the details and communicate that myself and my Cousin Michael would owe you for this..."

"To be announced tonight..."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

You can choose your friends, but not your family.

Asa listened to the verbal diarrhea, noting that Richard's speech centers were apparently impaired as well.

If he had ever had a negative thought about Lioni Dupree, it was now.

That's not entirely fair. She supported a decision I made.

"Thank you Richard," he replied.

Asa paused. It was tempting to accept the proferred Boon, and then tell the young Ventrue all the information he wished -- that is, that the only information he had was for Richard himself.

Quentin would have, with glee.

"Unfortunately, I can't help, as I have not been contacted by any of our other relatives."

Asa felt his Beast huff in irritation at the other Ventrue, but kept all traces of it out of his voice.

Whew, OK. He doesn't seem pissed.

"Ah... that's unfortunate."

"Then I have a few calls to make. Thank you Mr. Clarke. We will see you tonight at the Sterling Hotel Ballroom."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa hung up without replying.

It was embarrassing that one of his clansmen was involved in this clusterfuck.

At least it's only one. Poor Twist.

Closed Thread