Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Typo: the Misspelling

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Kharn

Peter sets the ghoul down, letting him rest by the doorway. Peter himself crosses the hallway, placing his back to the wall, and looking into the door as he listens to the conversations.

"Hell of a first night," he says quietly to the man who had his back. Chuckling, he follows it with, "What are we going to do tomorrow night, Brain?"
    Obsidian looks at Peter, as if thinking, Is that man talking to his brain?
    http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?p=19478#post19478

well is seems that sometimes, a character just has to let go and talk to their brain, sometimes crazy is the way to go. Good catch Writer, made me laugh.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Typo, or anachronistic response?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

I think that's pretty funny.

B

Isn't it a reference to "The Pinky & the Brain" cartoon?

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

That's exactly what I was thinking. If the answer had been "What we do every night. Try to take over the world!", or something along those lines, I would have had an overdose of Awesomeness. :D

B

I considered having Headstrong consider giving him a nice slap for insulting her mental faculties but eventually felt like that would've been stretching it.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I think everyone got it -- they just didn't think their vamps would know the reference...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

I laughed at the reference, and I have used that exact quote myself. On the other hand Obsidian doesn't watch TV, never mind cartoons, so she was really confused. Of course, if someone had tried to explain it to her, she would have gotten even more confused.

"The mouse talks to its brain?"
    "no, no, the mouse is Brain."
    "It is a mouses brain?"
    "NO! The name of the mouse is Brain?"
    "Oh ... Then who is Pinky?"
    "ARGH!"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Well, I can certainly see the resemblance to WoD vamps : 2 solitary beings, doing essentially nothing during the day, and spending night after night exerting secret influence to conquer the world. They must hide their existence, and the fact that noone believes in them sure helps.

If they drank blood, they'd be perfect. Brain an Architect of the Monolith Invictus with low Status, and Pinky... I think Pinky would get staked before telling anyone his Clan. (Although I'm starting to think he's Patient Zero of Malkavia :P, Blood-bound to Brain. ZORT!)

Pinky is clearly a Sacramento-area Carthian. Heh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread